Foros de discusión

LIFERAY and LDAP

tan quoc nguyen, modificado hace 14 años.

LIFERAY and LDAP

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 9/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Dear all,
I use liferay-portal-5.2.2 .
Now , i want to store User Data by LDAP.
How to do it?
please help me

thank a lot
Sreeranj S, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: LIFERAY and LDAP

Junior Member Mensajes: 78 Fecha de incorporación: 17/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

You can configure the authentication to LDAP from Control panel -> Settings ->Authentication->Select LDAP, select the Enabled option and enter the information for your LDAP server.
Make sure you have entered all information correct.

I was able to import the users to Liferay from LDAP only if the Screen name of user is a single word, I mapped the screen name to cn (so all the users that I have created in LDAP is having cn as a single word (eg tom but not tom mathews)

Make sure you have an email address for the user configured in LDAP and also the last name.
Screen name, email address,last name first name should not be common for two or more users.

Cheers...
tan quoc nguyen, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RE: LIFERAY and

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 9/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Dear all,

I do as you show me, I have test successful for all connection, user, group….

But I cant see any user imported into lifery in tab user of controlpanel.

And I login with entry exits ldapserver but it have error follow: “An unexpected system error occurred. java.lang.NullPointerException “

Please help me

Thank a lot

From: Sreeranj S from liferay.com [mailto:no-reply@liferay.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:29 PM
To: mb.239393.2805432@events.liferay.com
Subject: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RE: LIFERAY and LDAP <mb.239393.2805432@events.liferay.com>

Hi,

You can configure the authentication to LDAP from Control panel -> Settings ->Authentication->Select LDAP, select the Enabled option and enter the information for your LDAP server.
Make sure you have entered all information correct.

I was able to import the users to Liferay from LDAP only if the Screen name of user is a single word, I mapped the screen name to cn (so all the users that I have created in LDAP is having cn as a single word (eg tom but not tom mathews)

Make sure you have an email address for the user configured in LDAP and also the last name.
Screen name, email address,last name first name should not be common for two or more users.

Cheers...
--
Liferay Message Boards
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/2805432
mb.239393.2805432@events.liferay.com
http://www.liferay.com
vikas suresh thakre, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: [Liferay Forums][1. Installation / Deployment / Setup] RE: LIFERAY and

Junior Member Mensajes: 97 Fecha de incorporación: 18/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Tan,
you also have to check the import enable checkbox in the UI setting.
i think it will work for you.

i have one query. I want to import user information other then the five field which are by default get imported. like i want user's phone No, address etc from the LDAP Directory.
How do i do that.....is there any setting in liferay for importing other user information from LDAP. any help here is appreciable.