Foros de discusión

Liferay Sync - API and pointers

Gui Ba, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Sync - API and pointers

New Member Mensajes: 17 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/13 Mensajes recientes
Good morning,

I have recently tested Liferay Sync and it's great, but I have two questions.

First of all, if I have really understood, Liferay Sync is an interface which allows to synchronize files from a Liferay platform. No permission settings are possible directely from the client (Windows or Android), all is configured from the platform, file by file. But is it possible to create in Liferay "pointers docs" which are virtual documents pointed to the real docs (hosted in a different server) and when Liferay Sync is downloading files, it recovers the real files (not the pointers) ?

The second question is about a possible API, because I have to upload about 1000 files per day so is there a possibility to automate this ? For example a function Liferay.download(title,source,author) ?

Thanks in advance for your response

Regards,
Guillaume
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Liferay Sync - API and pointers

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello Guillaume,

I'm not sure I understand your first question regarding "pointer docs". Could you elaborate and provide a use case scenario?

Regarding uploading files, yes, you can upload/download files programmatically. Take a look at Liferay's API documentation (link), particularly SOAP and JSON web services.

The specific service you want to access for interacting with files is the DLAppService. Liferay Sync uses JSON web services to interact with the same service.

Hi Dennis,

thank you very much for your second-part complete answer. I am going to study this API's documentation.

Regarding the first part, I wish to explain it better :
I have my documents on a specific server, different from Liferay's server. In Liferay, I put documents of pointer type, meaning that those documents are virtual, when you select one, it automatically downloads the real file (the path being included in the pointer file).
So when synchronizing I would like Liferay Sync. to download the real file directely.

Could you understand now ?
Is it a possible method ?
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 10 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Gui,

No, Liferay Sync cannot receive update notifications from third-party repositories, so it cannot sync with files outside of Liferay's own repository.

Ok Denis,

once again, thank you for your precise answers.

Guillaume