Foros de discusión

SMTP Setup Issues

collin siebert, modificado hace 15 años.

SMTP Setup Issues

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Hello-

I have been looking through zillons of thread relating how to setup a vaild smtp server on liferay 5.2, I still cannot seem to get it to work. To claify in order for my portal to send out example: a contact form I need a vaild smtp server. I have been trying to get

smtp.gmail.com
port 465
with auth

to work. Now on order to configure this I cannot do it through the GUI correct? do I have to edit the portal.properties file if so where is it? Do I have to extract a it from a .jar file? it so which properties do I change? Is there a full portal.properties files example with gmail settings in it?

I'm really struggling and confused with this setup. I really the look and feel of this coming from Metadot.

Can anyone out there help a non programmer get this working?

Thanks Collin
Kim Boone, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: SMTP Setup Issues

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 6/04/09 Mensajes recientes
Collin,

You never edit the portal.properties, instead you create a portal-ext.properties file in the \webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes directory. This is where you will configure your mail settings for 5.2.

To see what properties are available for 5.2 you can either download the src for 5.2 and then look in the \portal-impl\src directory, or you can look at the portal.properties for 5.1.1 at https://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Properties+5.1.1.
collin siebert, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: SMTP Setup Issues

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/04/09 Mensajes recientes
So basically I need to create that file in that location and copy the sample
portal-ext.properties text into that file and add the correct entries for my smtp server. Correct? I know my portal will not startup with the defaults in the example.

collin siebert:
Hello-

I have been looking through zillons of thread relating how to setup a vaild smtp server on liferay 5.2, I still cannot seem to get it to work. To claify in order for my portal to send out example: a contact form I need a vaild smtp server. I have been trying to get

smtp.gmail.com
port 465
with auth

to work. Now on order to configure this I cannot do it through the GUI correct? do I have to edit the portal.properties file if so where is it? Do I have to extract a it from a .jar file? it so which properties do I change? Is there a full portal.properties files example with gmail settings in it?

I'm really struggling and confused with this setup. I really the look and feel of this coming from Metadot.

Can anyone out there help a non programmer get this working?

Thanks Collin