Foros de discusión

Remote connection to localhost won't work

Timo Kurowski, modificado hace 10 años.

Remote connection to localhost won't work

Regular Member Mensajes: 240 Fecha de incorporación: 24/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Hello!

I made a new portal at localhost:8080. (Using Mac, so i used the terminal and wrote "sh startup.sh" in the tomcat bin).

Its possible to connect and edit it in my browser, but if i try to add a remote connection with my Eclipse Juno, it keeps getting the same error:

"Could not connect to Remote IDE Connector plugin."

Although my Username and Password is 100% correct.

I dont really get it, since i already have a remote connection with my web server and it works perfectly fine.

Can someone help me with this?
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Remote connection to localhost won't work

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Timo Kurowski:
Hello!

I made a new portal at localhost:8080. (Using Mac, so i used the terminal and wrote "sh startup.sh" in the tomcat bin).

Its possible to connect and edit it in my browser, but if i try to add a remote connection with my Eclipse Juno, it keeps getting the same error:

"Could not connect to Remote IDE Connector plugin."

Although my Username and Password is 100% correct.

I dont really get it, since i already have a remote connection with my web server and it works perfectly fine.

Can someone help me with this?

Hello Timo,

Did you install the Remote IDE Connector application into your portal instance?

Regular Member Mensajes: 240 Fecha de incorporación: 24/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Hello!

I got this installed in my IDE, do i need to install something else in my portal?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Timo Kurowski:
Hello!

I got this installed in my IDE, do i need to install something else in my portal?

Hey Timo, yes it requires something else to be installed in the portal. We have a guide for this here:
https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+IDE+Remote+Server+Adapter

Thanks, i installed it and it works now, although somehow the server stops if i close Eclipse now, which isn't so good...
thumbnail

Hey Timo,

Where does the server execute? On you local machine or on remote host? Are you launching the server locally with with the Debug/Run button in servers view?

Hi!

It is on my local machine.

I used to start it with the startup.sh. Well now it can only be started with eclipse (click on server and start), but i have projects on another workspace. I need to work with both though.