Foros de discusión

Active Directory Integration

anil s kolhe, modificado hace 15 años.

Active Directory Integration

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I am using Liferay 5.1.2 bundled with Tomcat 5.5
While integration of Active Directory and getting exception for UserScreenNameException, when searched for line number in UserLocalServiceImpl its because of the anonymousNames
Why do we need to check against these anonymous name, and is there any way to skip it. I guess importing of user is stuck becuase of this check and its not importing the other users in the system.
To solve this problem I also made changes to the portal.properties file to set the following property to true
users.screen.name.always.autogenerate=false
but this change does not skip the validation of screen name.

Please advice.

Thanks
Anil Kolhe
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Active Directory Integration

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2047 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hey Anil,

It sounds like you are referring to the anonymous names like, "guest" or "anonymous". These are restricted because they can cause problems in certain databases if used.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1228 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/08 Mensajes recientes
and its not importing the other users in the system

I believe, that during LDAP import, if for whatever reason the user can not be added to liferay (bad screenname, invalid email, etc ), the rest of the users should still get imported regardless of previous errors.

When this happens, you should only see the error line, such as:
"Problem adding user with screen name " + screenName + " and email address " + emailAddress".
And the import will continue!

In your case you may be facing some other issues, not just a screenname.
If interested, have a look at a source code for com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil method PortalLDAPUtil (...).

This is the one you will have to modify when fixing show-stopping problems for LDAP imports.
anil s kolhe, modificado hace 15 años.

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 12/03/09 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the quick response.
My issue got resolved due proper setting of filter i.e.
BASE DN: cn=*

This made possible to import all the users.

Thanks
Anil Kolhe