Foros de discusión

Board-Ruels for every Subcategory?

Trollbahrt Wunderlich, modificado hace 16 años.

Board-Ruels for every Subcategory?

Junior Member Mensajes: 70 Fecha de incorporación: 11/06/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi all!

A little idea for forum improvement: what about a boardrules thread in every forum, pinned at the top where every one can read what to post into this subforum and what not, in which style he/she has to post and where to find special infos for FAQs.

I see this daily in other forums, and it seems to work. It helps the user to place his/her questions in the correct subforum and in a good style ...

What do you think about it?

best
troll
thumbnail
Leeland Artra, modificado hace 16 años.

RE: Borad-Ruels for every Subcategory?

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 16/11/07 Mensajes recientes
Thread Pinning would be a great feature to add. I would be able to use this in my own sites as well.
thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado hace 16 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 878 Fecha de incorporación: 8/10/07 Mensajes recientes
I think it is implemented already. Just look at the top here:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/message_boards/category/35287

Yes, thread pinning allready exists. But this isnt what I meant. I think it could help, if every (sub-)forum has it own pinned document - perhaps called "read before post". Inside this the user find some usefull links, some hot-faqs, and a short briefing what topics in this forum to post and what not ....

Best
Troll
thumbnail

I will start doing that when I have some spare time - sorry a bit swamped with work at the moment.

Can you please tell what do you want to see in the thread?

I was planning to put some links to documents here on the website, link to relevant wiki pages and make a FAQ. May be a some rules with what this category is about.

Hi Roman,

I ve just now seen you re now a moderator! emoticon very cool!! And I stumbled on your FAQ in the portlet subforum! Quite the thing! emoticon

Hey, you have nt to say "sorry"! emoticon Im very happy about every of your answers! Sometimes you have a bit more time and sometimes a bit less. Thats just the way it is emoticon And you ve started the FAQs, thats great! Now it will spend some time until they re perfect .. ok .. nothing is perfect emoticon

What I want to see in the FAQ-thread? Hmm ... Im not shure ... I think the most problem is where I have to place my question. Sometimes I dont know if a question should put into the portlet forum or into the framework forum. For example my thread about the hibernate.cfg.xml now I ve seen should better placed into the framework emoticon

In the main forum overview are some little subtitles describing the topics discussed in the respective forum. But .. hmm .. I dont know ... anyhow I assume, it was not clear enough. Perhaps it is only the small fontsize?! ... I think a special list telling, what dicussed in this forum and what not, could help a lot.

The next is the jump to the wiki. I think this is an very important place. The forum should not be the place for long instructions, but for dicussion. The wiki is not the place for discussion, but for instructions. I know that a dicussion often ends in a instruction, and this should be put into the wiki.

You told you planning to put some important wiki links. I think this is the right way.

If I ve some new ideas, helpfull suggestions or if I miss something, I let you know emoticon

best
Troll

Hi Roman,

a little think about the FAQ: perhaps it would be an good idea to tell the people that it is a great help if they would change the main-subject in their thread when it is solved to (RESOLVED). What do you think?

Best
Troll
thumbnail

Ok, I will mention that.

I'll try to do something with the FAQ on the weekend - don't have any free time now ...