Foros de discusión

Liferay theme reload with IntelliJ / Maven / JRebel

Joris Meijer, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay theme reload with IntelliJ / Maven / JRebel

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 4/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I managed to build a nice plugin project using the maven archetypes of Liferay. I added some themes, portlets and a hook. Of course I want to use the reload features that JRebel offers.

When I add a rebel.xml using IntellIJ, reloading seems to work just fine for portlets, and the hook, but not for the themes.

Is there a way to get this working for themes as well? I want a theme to reload css/js changes, just as does in Liferay IDE (Eclipse).

If this is not possible using JRebel, can I make it possible by "emulating" the "Publish" action in Liferay IDE ?

thanks in advance for any information.

best regards,
Joris Meijer
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Liferay theme reload with IntelliJ / Maven / JRebel

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey Joris,

The good news is that maven support in Liferay IDE is coming in the next version. We have an early access build of the 2.0.0 version of Liferay IDE that includes the maven support (assuming you are using the liferay-maven-plugin) that you can test out. I would love to hear your feedback.

https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/m2e-liferay+-+early+access

Once you have this working you should be able to publish your projects to the server using the normal server publishing mechanisms, including the incremental publishing. I would love to hear how this is working or not working so that my team can address any issues you find.

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your reply. Initially my reason to switch to Maven was to be able to use my favorite IDE again, which is IntelliJ. I intend to keep working with this IDE.
It is good though that you're working on this plugin for Maven since there are still a lot of developers out there who use Eclipse emoticon.

best,
Joris
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Joris Meijer:
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your reply. Initially my reason to switch to Maven was to be able to use my favorite IDE again, which is IntelliJ. I intend to keep working with this IDE.
It is good though that you're working on this plugin for Maven since there are still a lot of developers out there who use Eclipse emoticon.

best,
Joris

Oh I'm sorry Joris, I just re-read your message and you made it clear that you were trying to get things working in Intellij and not Eclipse/Liferay IDE. I understand now. emoticon Btw, please feel free to share with me the features that are missing in Eclipse that caused you to switch back to Intellij. It is likely a feature that is too complex for my team to add to Eclipse, but I know lots of people within Eclipse organization, I'd love to share with them any blocking issues that keep people from adopting Eclipse. emoticon

Thanks again for your report. I know lots of people use Intellij + JRebel, but I'm unfamiliar if they use themes or not. If I find out I'll try to let you know.

SOLVED RE: Liferay theme reload with IntelliJ / Maven / JRebel

I just found out with a colleague that my "portal-developer.properties" wasn't loaded at startup. Using the following setting, reloading works fine without a redeploy:

theme.css.fast.load=false
theme.images.fast.load=false
javascript.fast.load=false
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.minifier.MinifierFilter=false