Foros de discusión

Repository question

Robert Moloney, modificado hace 10 años.

Repository question

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 11/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi guys ,

I'm new to Liferay and basically just started it 2 weeks ago.
I got my repository pointing to a folder on my local pc which is what I wanted.
On my admin site I can access this repository and make it so any and every user could do anything they wanted to it (It's only me using it currently).
I log on as a user and go to my doc and media.The repository isn't there.
I went into my admin account and put this repository in the global heading and saved ,logged on again as a user and nothing changed.

Now I noticed there was a remote live connection setting in global but I didn't know where to find the Context path or site ID.
Am I missing a step in getting this repository to be viewable by everyone or is it that I need to get the context path and site ID for it to work?
Robert Moloney, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Repository question

New Member Mensajes: 21 Fecha de incorporación: 11/06/13 Mensajes recientes
I thing I have found where everything is but still my way is just a stab in the dark.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Repository question

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello Robert,

Liferay uses the concept of Sites to group users and resources. You can upload documents by adding a Document and Media portlet to the site, and every user of that site will have access to those documents (if they're granted permissions).

I suggest browsing through the Liferay Portal User Guide to help you get started: link

And welcome to the Liferay community!