Foros de discusión

Ldap import

shadow ren, modificado hace 15 años.

Ldap import

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 13/10/08 Mensajes recientes
hi everyone:

I used liferay ldap import to replicate user data from openldap to database, just ldap import , no ldap auth.

Configuration in portal-ext.properties below:

ldap.base.provider.url=ldap://172.16.4.200:389
ldap.base.dn=dc=domain,dc=com
ldap.security.principal=cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap.security.credentials=secret
ldap.user.mappings=screenName=cn\npassword=userPassword\nemailAddress=mail\nfirstName=displayName\nlastName=sn\njobTitle=title\ngroup=groupMembership

ldap.import.enabled=true
ldap.import.on.startup=true

ldap.export.enabled=false

I find out the password in liferay is not same as in ldap, and liferay will random gererate password for imported user.
It's means for the same password in ldap , when import in the liferay's database , the password is diffrent.

Anyone ever meet this problem , please help me.
Thanks.
thumbnail
Cigdem Acar, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Ldap import

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/09 Mensajes recientes
I don't know how to solve your password problem exactly, but I suggest you a single sign-on solution: using CAS (Central Authentication Service) to log in Liferay. An authentication from CAS can check passwords from LDAP and don't need to use the passwords in Liferay's database.
thumbnail
Eric Min, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 43 Fecha de incorporación: 2/07/09 Mensajes recientes
Here is a suggestion:
1.Logon to Liferay Portal with test account and go to LDAP check the "Required" box then logout.

2.Use a LDAP account logon to Liferay Portal again and you will find the password will update to the correct one in Liferay Portal Database.

3.Logon to Liferay Portal with test account again and uncheck the "Required" box then logout.

4.In the future you can use the password logon to Liferay

I know that it is not a good sulotion but it can solve the problem temporarily.
Nowhere Rosa, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 23/05/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,
I was wondering my ldap server was encoding password despite I had set liferay "passwords.encryption.algorithm=NONE" properties to none , but maybe I'm simply facing the same issue as you, did you find a solution to it? I'd appreciate if you would share it! :-)

Anyway, what do you mean with test account? I don't see one in liferay user_ table.

Thanks!
Greetings,
Nowhere
thumbnail
Nidhi Singh, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 155 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/09 Mensajes recientes
HI,

I think this Blog will be helpful.

Thanks
Nidhi Singh