Foros de discusión

Liferay Install on CentOS

Chris Daly, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Install on CentOS

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 16/05/13 Mensajes recientes
I have installed the Liferay Tomcat Bundle 6.1.1 and Java SDK1.7.0_21.

I ran sh /usr/liferay/tomcat7/bin/startup.sh and got the following:

Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/liferay/tomcat7
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/liferay/tomcat7
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/liferay/tomcat7/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_21/jre
Using CLASSPATH: /usr/liferay/tomcat7/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/liferay/tomcat7/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Everything seems in order but Liferay does not start. So I go to my domain and port 8080 and see the following error at which time I began to hurl up my breakfast. I am not a sophisticated Linux user but get around all right. We are thinking about using Liferay for a customer portal because it is "easy to use" We have been trying to install for over 30 days... it might be easy to use but it's not "easy to install." Any thoughts?

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:98)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sessionid.SessionIdFilter.doFilter(SessionIdFilter.java:81)
root cause

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException.<init>(Ljava/lang/Exception;)V
net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCache.get(EhCache.java:93)
com.liferay.util.dao.hibernate.CacheWrapper.get(CacheWrapper.java:56)
org.hibernate.cache.ReadWriteCache.put(ReadWriteCache.java:153)
org.hibernate.engine.TwoPhaseLoad.initializeEntity(TwoPhaseLoad.java:156)
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.initializeEntitiesAndCollections(Loader.java:854)
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:729)
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:236)
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2220)
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2104)
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2099)
org.hibernate.hql.classic.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:912)
org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:172)
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1121)
org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:79)
com.liferay.util.dao.hibernate.QueryUtil.list(QueryUtil.java:57)
com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.CompanyPersistenceImpl.findAll(CompanyPersistenceImpl.java:703)
com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.CompanyPersistenceImpl.findAll(CompanyPersistenceImpl.java:659)
com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.getCompanies(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:375)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor165.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:301)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
sun.proxy.$Proxy16.getCompanies(Unknown Source)
com.liferay.portal.service.CompanyLocalServiceUtil.getCompanies(CompanyLocalServiceUtil.java:834)
com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._getCompanyIdByVirtualHost(PortalInstances.java:195)
com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._getCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:139)
com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances.getCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:72)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:114)
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:98)
com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sessionid.SessionIdFilter.doFilter(SessionIdFilter.java:81)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 logs.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
Karl Fosburg, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: Liferay Install on CentOS

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/05 Mensajes recientes
I'm also running CentOS and it started up without issue using the latest tomcat bundle. Here are my output messages:

# ../bin/startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/local/liferay/tomcat-7.0.27
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/local/liferay/tomcat-7.0.27
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/liferay/tomcat-7.0.27/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/java/jre1.6.0_23
Using CLASSPATH: /usr/local/liferay/tomcat-7.0.27/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/local/liferay/tomcat-7.0.27/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

CentOS version:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
]# uname -a
Linux gtn-lrnmp-test 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Not to say I don't have issues... I was attempting to upgrade from 6.0.x to 6.1.x and seem to have lost my entire configuration. It is just test anyhow, but the upgrade steps didn't seem to migrate my content.

I am by no stretch of imagination a web/portal/j2ee expert, so interpreting java errors is a challenge.

Karl
thumbnail
Chitra Thambirajan, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 67 Fecha de incorporación: 17/10/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi Karl,

May I ask you one thing..

How did you make the liferay run on CentOS..?

I just did the way which we are doing in Windows..That is simply downloading the liferay with Tomcat bundle and running it.

But I do not think so it is an advisable way to run the liferay server on CentOS as a production server.

Even i did not get any blog or something to achieve it.Only I got the following link..That too confusing me.

Please share your experience.

Thanks
Chitra
Karl Fosburg, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 20 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/05 Mensajes recientes
I see no issue with running CentOS in production. We run a mix of RHEL and CentOS, depending on the support we may require for the application. We use RHEL for applications that we feel that we may require additional support and tuning. We run CentOS where we are confident that we will not require those things and where we may have too many instances for the RHEL licenses to make sense.

As for running Liferay on CentOS, we have had no issues. It can be a bit tricky to get running the first time, but most of that comes down to getting it to talk to the database and there's plenty of documentation to help out in that area.

Good luck,

Karl
thumbnail
Chitra Thambirajan, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 67 Fecha de incorporación: 17/10/13 Mensajes recientes
So you mean to say that you are just running the liferay tomcat bundle in CentOS server same like how we do on Windows environment..?

Could u pls explain me what you have done to create your liferay setup with CentOS?

Thanks in advance
Chitra