Foros de discusión

Deployment problem with Liferay IDE and Eclipse Juno

Thorsten Klusemann, modificado hace 11 años.

Deployment problem with Liferay IDE and Eclipse Juno

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 25/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

I installed Liferay IDE into Eclipse Juno. After installing I tested the installation and I was able to start the configured Liferay instance successfully.

However, I created a small test portlet project using the "Create a new Liferay Plugin Project" wizard and tried to deploy it to the portal (just the generated portlet, I did not make any changes to the project). It seems, as if the project is deployed by the tomcat container directly without the liferay pre-processing which usually takes place when I copy the war-file into liferay's deploy directory. I deployed it by selecting "Add and Remove..." in the context menu of the Liferay server.

I do not get the message "1 portlet is available for use" and I cannot see the portlet in the "Add portlet" panel within the portal.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Best regards

Thorsten
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Deployment problem with Liferay IDE and Eclipse Juno

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Can you post your project source code here? Also can you post a zip file of the contents of the deployed folder in the webapps directory?

Can you let me know the exact version of Liferay IDE (plugins version) and the Eclipse version you have? Also the liferay version as well?
thumbnail
Llies Meridja, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

I am having the same sort of problem with the Liferay Eclipse plugin acting completely erratic. Intermittently wouldn't deploy and still says published/started/up-to-date etc... try to force it to deploy still at no avail.

My guess is that because the changes I make are in the template code, eclipse/plugin don't think there is a change in the build and assume the server is up to date, this happens also when I edit the CSS, I think.

This happens even when I undeploy and redeploy the actual theme.

Is this a known issue? If so what's the work around?

Liferay IDE 1.6.2.v201303111029

Eclipse Version: Juno Service Release 2
Build id: 20130225-0426

Any help much appreciated
Llies
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 10 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Llies Meridja:
Hello,

I am having the same sort of problem with the Liferay Eclipse plugin acting completely erratic. Intermittently wouldn't deploy and still says published/started/up-to-date etc... try to force it to deploy still at no avail.

My guess is that because the changes I make are in the template code, eclipse/plugin don't think there is a change in the build and assume the server is up to date, this happens also when I edit the CSS, I think.

This happens even when I undeploy and redeploy the actual theme.

Is this a known issue? If so what's the work around?

Liferay IDE 1.6.2.v201303111029

Eclipse Version: Juno Service Release 2
Build id: 20130225-0426

Any help much appreciated
Llies

Hey Llies,

Thanks for taking the time to report your error. Could you help out by trying to reproduce the issue in a clean workspace/server setup? If you can document the steps to reproduce the issue we should be able to address the bug in upcoming release. Thanks!
thumbnail
Llies Meridja, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/11 Mensajes recientes
Gregory Amerson:
Could you help out by trying to reproduce the issue in a clean workspace/server setup? If you can document the steps to reproduce the issue we should be able to address the bug in upcoming release. Thanks!

Hello Gregory,

Managed to reinstall the Eclipse IDE plugin, that did not help much, i.e. same symptoms. I think I have another window of opportunity to restart everything from scratch and retrace my steps.

Otherwise I will have to go for a local dev environment and manually deploy to UAT. Will see how that goes.

Cheers
Llies
Raphael Lacerda, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/13 Mensajes recientes
I'm runnig with the same problem.

I'm not able to deploy my LifeRayHelloProject to the server using eclipse.

Does anyone already found a solution?
Liferay IDE 1.6.2.v201303111029 com.liferay.ide.eclipse.tools.feature.group Liferay, Inc.
Raphael Lacerda, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 7/10/13 Mensajes recientes
Actually i've figure out what was going on.
It's working now and it was nothing to do with the plugin. It was a permission problem to deploy
thumbnail
Atif Hussain, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 3/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Liferay automatically adds an entry for a portlet in docroot>WEB-INF>liferay-display.xml. Make sure your portlet is enlisted in this file.