Foros de discusión

Invoker Filter error

Seeya S Kudtarker, modificado hace 11 años.

Invoker Filter error

Regular Member Mensajes: 187 Fecha de incorporación: 16/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Whenever I try to run some portlets I get the following error:

at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:73)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:73)

Other portlets run successfully but in my console I always get the above error everytime when I go to Control Panel.

I checked the liferay-web.xml (tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF) file to check if there is InvokerFilter but there is none.

I checked the following two links:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-25973?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

and

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/11404138

But still I cannot figure out the problem.. What could possibly be the problem?
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Invoker Filter error

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1228 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/08 Mensajes recientes
The same happens intermittently with our healthy portlets which never caused this behavior in previous versions, and by previous I mean any CE version expect the one which we downloaded about 1 months ago.
The latest version also produces periodic errors 'Could not initialize class com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.InetAddressUtil$LocalHostNameHolder' as described in http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/22273926.

Invoker Servlets are automatically injected into web.xml of your portlets, so they probably cause this loopy behavior.

Regular Member Mensajes: 187 Fecha de incorporación: 16/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Victor Zorin:
Thanks for your quick reply!!
Guess what? Me and me project guide fixed it. We removed the portlet from the Control Panel that was causing this problem. (Actually other portlets were running but in my console I was getting this Invoker Filter error). We ran the server again after removing the portlet that was giving this error. The invoker error wasn't there. Again we put the portlet that was causing the error and surprisingly this time the Invoker error did not crop up again.

I was surprised but still I do not understand why this happens. I am using Liferay 6.1

Regards

Seeya
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 230 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Seeya,

Which version you are running?

The issue LPS-25973 has been closed as duplicate and it should been fixed with LPS-24723.

From Git I can see two commits for LPS-24723

220cc519c0e024e02b6dd3d8476723c1913d43f3 and following source format for previous 51f41eaea44bec2ee86676fbb949571e29a0ee10

Hopefully, this helps.

Sampsa Sohlman:

Thanks for the links!!
I had gone through http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-25973 and http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-24723 before and read one the forums which suggested to remove invoker-filters from liferay-web.xml if they were getting created. But there were no inoker filters in my liferay-web.xml

I tried restarting the server and removing the portlet from the control panel which caused this problem and again introducing it in the control panel. It helped. I do not know how that happened. I have been using for past two months only. I am still in learning phase.
I am using Liferay 6.1
Do such things happen intermittently with good/healthy portlets?

Regards
Seeya
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 230 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
InvokeFilter is located at ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml, but you should not take it off. Since that is the this filter which makes possible to hook your own filters and it is actually using liferay-web.xml to read real these filters.

More accurately what is your Liferay version, I mean minor version? Liferay CE 6.1.1 or are you working with EE?

Sampsa Sohlman
Hi,
I am using Liferay CE 6.1.1 version.

Regards

Seeya
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1519 Fecha de incorporación: 7/08/06 Mensajes recientes
It's not in plugins because of that but rather because some Liferay filters depend on features it provides like regex ignore or include patterns etc.

Mika Koivisto:

Thanks Mika! So does it happen intermittently like this with healthy portlets?