Foros de discusión

Page Template Permissions

Casey Payne, modificado hace 11 años.

Page Template Permissions

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/12 Mensajes recientes
(i noticed a few threads related to page template permissions in the forums, but nothing related to what I'm asking. hopefully )

What is the purpose of permissions on the Page Template configuration screens?
I would think that any new page based on a template, the page would inherit the permissions set in the template.
But, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Creating a page template with Guest-View permissions, and then adding portlets to a new page on this template, results in the red permissions error under each portlet on that page. We have to manually configure each portlet on that page for it to work. If we have a hundred pages based on that page template, it is tedious to have to configure each portlet on each page separately. We were expecting these page template permissions to automatically be assigned as the default permissions for each page created from that page template.

Thanks for any hints, advice, or suggestions on a different way to handle this scenario.

This is on 6.1.2 EE GA2.

-Casey.
Mark Janveaux, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Page Template Permissions

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 19/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Casey,

I have the same expectation and thus problem as you. Have you figured out a solution to this yet? I'm still researching the underlying behavior of the system myself but it does seem that the permissions as applied to a portlet from the page template are not propagated / made available to the instances of the portlets on pages that actually use the template.

In other words, I think the permissions only apply to the specific 'instance' of the portlet that is within the page template itself. Not very useful imo.

If you have any workarounds or ideas as to how to solve this, please advise.

Thanks!

Mark