Foros de discusión

Can't find a liferay server

Arthur Aubrun, modificado hace 11 años.

Can't find a liferay server

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 19/02/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I've a problem with liferay server on eclipse, the three of them (Liferay v6.0 CE Server (Tomcat 6), Liferay v6.1 CE Server (Tomcat 7) and Remote Liferay Server (Liferay 6.1)) are diplayed but there is a red square instead of the logo of liferay server.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2209/liferay.jpg

I'm running eclipse indigo 32bits, I've Liferay-portal-6.0.6, Liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2, eclipse on D:\ Java jdk1.6.0_39 32bits on C:\ and IDE eclipse is installed on eclipse.

I google it a lot but nothing about that.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Arthur

Edit :
I notice that in Feature Plugins in eclipse, there a two plugin missing : com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.ui and com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.ui but the jar files are in my directory folder : D:\eclipse-jee-indigo-win32\plugins
Adeel Aslam, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Can't find a liferay server

New Member Mensajes: 22 Fecha de incorporación: 9/12/12 Mensajes recientes
I have the same problem with Plugins SDK earlier I was thinking it is due to Glassfish used. But when I changed it to Tomcat the error is still there.

I still think that I have used WAR file instead of complete bundle it can be one cause of it but I am not fond of Tomcat. I wanted to use WAR file. Any good way to extend it?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I still think that I have used WAR file instead of complete bundle it can be one cause of it but I am not fond of Tomcat. I wanted to use WAR file. Any good way to extend it?

Your question isn't making too much sense because Liferay IDE doesn't come in a war.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Arthur Aubrun:
Hi,

I've a problem with liferay server on eclipse, the three of them (Liferay v6.0 CE Server (Tomcat 6), Liferay v6.1 CE Server (Tomcat 7) and Remote Liferay Server (Liferay 6.1)) are diplayed but there is a red square instead of the logo of liferay server.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2209/liferay.jpg

I'm running eclipse indigo 32bits, I've Liferay-portal-6.0.6, Liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2, eclipse on D:\ Java jdk1.6.0_39 32bits on C:\ and IDE eclipse is installed on eclipse.

I google it a lot but nothing about that.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Arthur

Edit :
I notice that in Feature Plugins in eclipse, there a two plugin missing : com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.ui and com.liferay.ide.eclipse.server.tomcat.ui but the jar files are in my directory folder : D:\eclipse-jee-indigo-win32\plugins

It seems that the installation of Liferay IDE failed. What version did you try to download? Also you can download all-in-one bundles of Eclipse that contain Eclipse for JavaEE developers with liferay IDE pre-installed from this page. http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-projects/liferay-ide

I downloaded it in eclipse on "Install New Software" with this adress "Liferay IDE Repository - http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/eclipse/indigo/stable/"

I'll try your way but do i suggest this folder (http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-projects/liferay-ide) on "Install New Software" or do I put the files in my folder eclipse ?

Edit : I did the first way and i did not work !
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Gregory is suggesting that you download a bundle with eclipse with liferay ide plugin preinstalled. Just download it, extract it, and execute eclipse. I found that this is much easier to do because I was also having problems with installations and was wasting too much time on setting up an environment instead of creating portlets.

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Gregory is suggesting that you download a bundle with eclipse with liferay ide plugin preinstalled. Just download it, extract it, and execute eclipse. I found that this is much easier to do because I was also having problems with installations and was wasting too much time on setting up an environment instead of creating portlets.

Ok but I'm working with others plugins like Maven and Subversion for exemple and with Juno, the only version of eclipse with liferay ide plugin preinstalled, and I don't manage to installed them or not the ones I want with Juno, that's why I'm working with Indigo !

So I would like to keep running with Indogo.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Arthur Aubrun:
Hitoshi Ozawa:

Ok but I'm working with others plugins like Maven and Subversion for exemple and with Juno, the only version of eclipse with liferay ide plugin preinstalled, and I don't manage to installed them or not the ones I want with Juno, that's why I'm working with Indigo !

So can you try again to install from this URL?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20IDE/1.6.1/updatesite/

Using indigo.

Hi,

I am using Eclipse Juno.

Since I am using Glassfish I am bound to use Liferay Plugins SDK. Now that there are posts Glassfish Remote Connector is there I tried to update Liferay IDE from Eclipse Marketplace message was display Nothing to Update and the Remote Application Server Connector does not work.

Using Plugins SDK I am facing problems No Server found as well.

To existing deployment of Glassfish I am using Glassfish Portal WAR and not the complete Bundle. Will it work?

Do I have to use Liferay Portal bundled with Glassfish or WAR added to an existing Glassfish server installation can work too?

ant deploy always fails with Server not found.

./create.sh creates a portlet successfully.
thumbnail

Adeel Aslam
I am using Eclipse Juno.

If you have a new question, please create a new thread. Please read the forum guidelines before posting any further question.
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/572822

Actually I was having the problem Liferay server not found with almost every Glassfish installation using the WAR file I tried a lot but finally I have started working with the complete Bundle installation, Reconfigured my plugins and bundles folder from scratch and removed my Eclipse folder downloaded Eclipse JEE with Liferay IDE prepackaged and now the things are working.

I still report that

I created a sample portlet HelloAdeel using create.sh in Plugins SDK

it got deployed and added to Sample using ant deploy but during the deployment start it said No Server Found after this message it passed all and the portlet was added to my Glassfish Liferay Bundled MySQL installation.

Gregory Amerson:
Arthur Aubrun:
Hitoshi Ozawa:

Using indigo.

It didn't work neither.

Here is my eclipse.ini if it can help.

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.100.v20110502
-vm
C:/Java/jdk1.6.0_39/bin
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Xms1024m
-Xmx1024m
thumbnail

Arthur Aubrun:
Gregory Amerson:
Arthur Aubrun:
Hitoshi Ozawa:

Using indigo.

It didn't work neither.

Can you try to download this file? http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20IDE/1.6.1/liferay-ide-eclipse-updatesite-1.6.1.zip/download

Then install it from archived site.