Foros de discusión

Layout Template Designer in Dev Studio 1.6.1 64-bit

Tony Bigby, modificado hace 11 años.

Layout Template Designer in Dev Studio 1.6.1 64-bit

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 9/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi there,

I'm happily running Liferay Developer Studio 1.6.1 on 64-bit Windows 7, Java 7.0.13, with the Groovy and Velocity add-ins also installed. Creating portlets and themes works great.

Today I tried to create a Layout Template for the first time. I get to the visual editor and drop some columns into the design, then save, but nothing is saved into the .tpl file. If I close and re-open the file, it is blank with no columns etc. Also if I design up some columns in the Visual editor and switch to Source view, the file is empty.

I did try writing in some divs from the Developer Guide into the Source view, at which point the Visual editor parsed it and showed the column correctly. However, on switching back to Source view, the code had gone- back to a blank file.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and has any ideas?

Thanks!

Tony Bigby
Tony Bigby, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Layout Template Designer in Dev Studio 1.6.1 64-bit

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 9/08/10 Mensajes recientes
I've found a workaround- uninstall the Velocity add-in for Developer Studio. Now the layout templates can be edited and saved.

The problem appears to be a version conflict between that Velocity add-in and the layout template editor.

I found the Error Log view in Eclipse, which shows the following error when saving or switching to the Source view:

Failed to initialize an instance of org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.CommonsLogLogChute with the current runtime configuration.
Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: The specified logger class org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.CommonsLogLogChute does not implement the org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogChute interface.

Presumably the Velocity library introduced by the add-in is of an older or newer version than the layout template editor, causing this conflict?

Is there a fix that means that both the Velocity add-in and the Layout Templates can be used together? As I'm currently working on theming and page design, it would be great if both of these worked at the same time.

The full stack trace for the error is below.

Thanks, Tony Bigby

eclipse.buildId=Version: 1.6.1.v201212111822
java.version=1.7.0_13
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_NZ
Framework arguments:  -product com.liferay.studio.eclipse.product.studio
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product com.liferay.studio.eclipse.product.studio

Error
Tue Feb 19 11:42:09 NZDT 2013
Failed to initialize an instance of org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.CommonsLogLogChute with the current runtime configuration.

org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Failed to initialize an instance of org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.CommonsLogLogChute with the current runtime configuration.
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.createLogChute(LogManager.java:206)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.updateLog(LogManager.java:255)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.initializeLog(RuntimeInstance.java:795)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.init(RuntimeInstance.java:250)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.init(VelocityEngine.java:107)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.templates.core.TemplatesCore.initializeModel(TemplatesCore.java:187)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.templates.core.TemplatesCore.getTemplateModel(TemplatesCore.java:126)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.templates.core.TemplatesCore.getTemplateOperation(TemplatesCore.java:63)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.templates.core.TemplatesCore.getTemplateOperation(TemplatesCore.java:53)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.layouttpl.ui.model.LayoutTplDiagram.getTemplateSource(LayoutTplDiagram.java:224)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.layouttpl.ui.editor.LayoutTplEditor.refreshSourceModel(LayoutTplEditor.java:133)
	at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.layouttpl.ui.editor.LayoutTplMultiPageEditor.pageChange(LayoutTplMultiPageEditor.java:316)
	at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart$2.widgetSelected(MultiPageEditorPart.java:290)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:774)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:2746)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1433)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:257)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: The specified logger class org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.CommonsLogLogChute does not implement the org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogChute interface.
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.LogManager.createLogChute(LogManager.java:181)
	... 46 more
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Layout Template Designer in Dev Studio 1.6.1 64-bit

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
I've already followed up with Tony but just for everyone else's benefit we have found the problem as Tony mentioned, it is a incompatibility with Velocity Add-on (or Veloeclipse plugin) and the Layout template editor. For anyone that wants to watch progress on the fix, here is the URL:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-829