Foros de discusión

Latest GA2 not working with Chrome

Guenter Baumgart, modificado hace 11 años.

Latest GA2 not working with Chrome

Regular Member Mensajes: 119 Fecha de incorporación: 27/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

I installed the latest GA2 and the portlet drag function isn't working. Its crashing somewhere in everything.**

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.
thumbnail
Subhash Pavuskar, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Latest GA2 not working with Chrome

Regular Member Mensajes: 234 Fecha de incorporación: 13/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Guenter Baumgart,

Can you paste error which you get in your console so that we can trouble shoot the error !!

Regular Member Mensajes: 119 Fecha de incorporación: 27/01/12 Mensajes recientes
hi,
sure :
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'on' of null in everything.jsp:1 (comes up when hovering the "Add" in the top tool bar )

I remember this error from another problem long ago. I've been using own drag'n drop functionality in a custom portlet and I needed to fix something in aui/dd-drag and aui/dd-drop. There were unsafe assumptions about objects['on']. After adding some sanity checks, it went ok. I was using Liferay 6.2 from trunk that time.

However, right now I can't remember anymore where to disable the js-single file output (everything.jsp), let me know where to disable it and I can give you another report.
g

hi again,

after adding javascript.barebone.enabled=false to portal-developer.properties I can see a bit more :

when page loaded, its crashing here :

YUI.add("dd-scroll",function(b){var h=function(){h.superclass.constructor.apply(this,arguments);},c,d,l="host",a="buffer",j="parentScroll",g="windowScroll",i="scrollTop",f="scrollLeft",e="offsetWidth",k="offsetHeight";h.ATTRS={parentScroll:{value:false,setter:function(m){if(m){return m;}return false;}},buffer:{value:30,validator:b.Lang.isNumber},scrollDelay:{value:235,validator:b.Lang.isNumber},host:{value:null},windowScroll:{value:false,validator:b.Lang.isBoolean},vertical:{value:true,validator:b.Lang.isBoolean},horizontal:{value:true,validator:b.Lang.isBoolean}};b.extend(h,b.Base,{_scrolling:null,_vpRegionCache:null,_dimCache:null,_scrollTimer:null,_getVPRegion:function(){var m={},o=this.get(j),u=this.get(a),s=this.get(g),y=((s)?[]:o.getXY()),v=((s)?"winWidth":e),q=((s)?"winHeight":k),x=((s)?o.get(i):y[1]),p=((s)?o.get(f):y[0]);m={top:x+u,rightemoticono.get(v)+p)-u,bottomemoticono.get(q)+x)-u,left:p+u};this._vpRegionCache=m;return m;},initializer:function(){var m=this.get(l);m.after("drag:start",b.bind(this.start,this));m.after("drag:end",b.bind(this.end,this));m.on("drag:align",b.bind(this.align,this));b.one("win").on("scroll",b.bind(function(){this._vpRegionCache=null;},this));},_checkWinScroll:function(A){var z=this._getVPRegion(),m=this.get(l),o=this.get(g),t=m.lastXY,n=false,F=this.get(a),s=this.get(j),H=s.get(i),v=s.get(f),x=this._dimCache.w,C=this._dimCache.h,u=t[1]+C,y=t[1],E=t[0]+x,q=t[0],G=y,p=q,B=H,D=v;if(this.get("horizontal")){if(q<=z.left){n=true;p=t[0]-((o)?F:0);D=v-F;}if(E>=z.right){n=true;p=t[0]+((o)?F:0);D=v+F;}}if(this.get("vertical")){if(u>=z.bottom){n=true;G=t[1]+((o)?F:0);B=H+F;}if(y<=z.top){n=true;G=t[1]-((o)?F:0);B=H-F;}}if(B<0){B=0;G=t[1];}if(D<0){D=0;p=t[0];}if(G<0){G=t[1];}if(p<0){p=t[0];}if(A){m.actXY=[p,G];m._moveNode({node:s,top:B,leftemoticon});if(!B&&!D){this._cancelScroll();}}else{if(n){this._initScroll();}else{this._cancelScroll();}}},_initScroll:function(){this._cancelScroll();this._scrollTimer=b.Lang.later(this.get("scrollDelay"),this,this._checkWinScroll,[true],true);},_cancelScroll:function(){this._scrolling=false;if(this._scrollTimer){this._scrollTimer.cancel();delete this._scrollTimer;}},align:function(m){if(this._scrolling){this._cancelScroll();m.preventDefault();}if(!this._scrolling){this._checkWinScroll();}},_setDimCache:function(){var m=this.get(l).get("dragNode");this._dimCache={h:m.get(k),w:m.get(e)};},start:function(){this._setDimCache();},end:function(m){this._dimCache=null;this._cancelScroll();},toString:function(){return h.NAME+" #"+this.get("node").get("id");}});b.namespace("Plugin");c=function(){c.superclass.constructor.apply(this,arguments);};c.ATTRS=b.merge(h.ATTRS,{windowScroll:{value:true,setter:function(m){if(m){this.set(j,b.one("win"));}return m;}}});b.extend(c,h,{initializer:function(){this.set("windowScroll",this.get("windowScroll"));}});c.NAME=c.NS="winscroll";b.Plugin.DDWinScroll=c;d=function(){d.superclass.constructor.apply(this,arguments);};d.ATTRS=b.merge(h.ATTRS,{node:{value:false,setter:function(m){var o=b.one(m);if(!o){if(m!==false){b.error("DDNodeScroll: Invalid Node Given: "+m);}}else{this.set(j,o);}return o;}}});b.extend(d,h,{initializer:function(){this.set("node",this.get("node"));}});d.NAME=d.NS="nodescroll";b.Plugin.DDNodeScroll=d;b.DD.Scroll=h;},"3.4.0",{optional:["dd-proxy"],requires:["dd-drag"],skinnable:false});/*

when hovering or clicking "add" in the top toolbar, its crashing here :

YUI.add("dd-ddm",function(a){a.mix(a.DD.DDM,{_pg:null,_debugShim:false,_activateTargets:function(){},_deactivateTargets:function(){},_startDrag:function(){if(this.activeDrag&&this.activeDrag.get("useShim")){this._pg_activate();this._activateTargets();}},_endDrag:function(){this._pg_deactivate();this._deactivateTargets();},_pg_deactivate:function(){this._pg.setStyle("display","none");},_pg_activate:function(){var b=this.activeDrag.get("activeHandle"),c="auto";if(b){c=b.getStyle("cursor");}if(c=="auto"){c=this.get("dragCursor");}this._pg_size();this._pg.setStyles({top:0,left:0,display:"block",opacityemoticon(this._debugShim)?".5":"0"),cursor:c});},_pg_size:function(){if(this.activeDrag){var c=a.one("body"),e=c.get("docHeight"),d=c.get("docWidth");this._pg.setStyles({height:e+"px",width:d+"px"});}},_createPG:function(){var d=a.Node.create("<div></div>"),b=a.one("body"),c;d.setStyles({top:"0",left:"0",position:"absolute",zIndex:"9999",overflow:"hidden",backgroundColor:"red",display:"none",height:"5px",width:"5px"});d.set("id",a.stamp(d));d.addClass(a.DD.DDM.CSS_PREFIX+"-shim");b.prepend(d);this._pg=d;this._pg.on("mousemove",a.throttle(a.bind(this._move,this),this.get("throttleTime")));this._pg.on("mouseup",a.bind(this._end,this));c=a.one("win");a.on("window:resize",a.bind(this._pg_size,this));c.on("scroll",a.bind(this._pg_size,this));}},true);},"3.4.0",{skinnable:false,requires:["dd-ddm-base","event-resize"]});/*

afterwards, you can't collapse the sections anymore.

Just to let you know, its really a pain in the a** when developing pure Javascript apps for Liferay. I don't know how many hours I lost through your bugs and JS crashes but its indeed a lot. And no matter which entry point I am using to Liferay, its always your Javascript code which interrupts the entire app. Most of the time its crashing with wrong assumptions and lacking of simple sanity checks. Sometimes its so strong, that I need to move out my portlets out of Liferay to enure its not me. That ends up sometimes in half day lost work. However, please do some automated testing for AUI. I can recommend selenium for Liferay-JS testing on portlets. There are also good ways in node.js, using 'headless' and V8 based browsers.

well, anyway,
have fun,
g
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Guenter,

I have no problem at all with Alloy UI or any javascript in 6.1.1 GA2 and Chrome or other browser.

Please paste here your portal-ext.properties

hi, in my install there isn't a portal-ex.properties in ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/.

well, great then. classical user dead-lock again, its not working here but there emoticon
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Do you have some custom portlets in that page? In that case, can you try removing it?

I read you have welcome-theme. Can you try uninstalling it?

hi,

I was talking about the default installation, so no, there isn't anything custom. And yes, I had to remove the welcome-theme to get into the control panel at all, as said in my 'revovery' steps above.
g

if you want, i setup another liferay instance and give you the url (uses login defaults) and its totally 'untouched'.
you want ?
thumbnail

Well, I guess I will see only javascript errors, but wouldn't see the "real" server side errors.

What logs said when starting up the instance for the first time? Was everyting ok?

BTW, I never install Liferay using welcome-theme and those hooks which inserts data the first time. I only have liferay-portal without any theme, and after that I start deploying themes...

its movie time now ! please send me an email to mc007@pearls-media.com, I will give you a proper ssh login for the test instance by tomorrow, if you like. Unfortunately the log is to big already to see anything special I guess.
cheers,g

in order to reproduce the "add portlet" issue :
login into http://xapp-studio.com:8081 with lf@pearls-media.com and pw : lfguru2
in my private pages, try to add something and you will see !
os : mac-osx, chrome, latest versionm with no extensions installed,
have fun
thumbnail

Hi Guenter,

I could add portlets without any problem in my public site:

http://xapp-studio.com:8081/web/lfguru/home

No error in console, seems everything is working ok. Perhaps is something about DNS and your local environment (in case you're inside the same network)?

very strange because in FF and Safari its all fine. Also strange that in another project the very same functions which throwed errors crashed my apps.

well, I will try from another networks/computer instead. Thanks for being up the topic at this hours !

ok, it works from another computer and finally I don't know what it could be as my chrome has no extensions. also, no special dns on my machine.
well, lets forget it then.
thanks again and sorry for the fuss.
g
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Re: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] Latest GA2 not working with Chrome

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
What version of Chrome? Any Chrome plugins that might be interfering? Any
errors in the log file? Perhaps some JS isn't being delivered properly and
making drag/drop not work. Look for the log file in
LIFERAY_HOME/tomcat-7.0.27/logs/catalina.out. It works fine for me in
Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Guenter Baumgart from liferay.com <
forums@liferay.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the latest GA2 and the portlet drag function isn't working.
> Its crashing somethere in everything.**
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> To view the thread, follow the link below:
>
> http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/21551569
> --
> Thanks, Liferay.com Forums <http://http://www.liferay.com>
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

> Hi,
>
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/21551569
> --
thumbnail

Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

> Hi,
>
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
thumbnail

Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

> Hi,
>
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
thumbnail

Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

> Hi,
>
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> --
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Re: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] Latest GA2 not working with Chrome

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
James, you don't need to post your replies many times.

that makes sure, I will read it emoticon

I'll make some other tests and let you know, because aui-dd crashes indeed in ff too, when using yui,ext-js or/and dojo.
g
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Guenter Baumgart:
that makes sure, I will read it emoticon

I'll make some other tests and let you know, because aui-dd crashes indeed in ff too, when using yui,ext-js or/and dojo.
g

So are you using Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 out of the box without deploying any other plugins? I've been using Chrome and haven't seen any problem with it.
I think there's some variable name conflict with some of the js libraries you've mentioned.

the crashes in aui-dd seem independent from the Liferay version. I am using the latest official version and the one in svn-trunk.

I pretty much doubt that ext-js/yui or even dojo causes a naming conflict, all of them are designed to incorporate with almost anything. However, my latest investigation showed that rather aui-dd is to blame here. As said, I needed only to add sanity checks in aui-dd and the problem went away. However, soon I can file a proper bug report.

Just try to build a complex JS application within a portlet, you will see that aui is crashing actually all over the place. That's super exhausting for a developer.
thumbnail

Just try to build a complex JS application within a portlet, you will see that aui is crashing actually all over the place. That's super exhausting for a developer.

So, it's not actually a liferay bug but a Alloy UI bug? I'm not using Alloy UI in my development. Tested it out and found that it wasn't ready. I'm waiting for them to fix it up for ages. I'm using jQuery and testing other js frameworks.