Foros de discusión

Problem deploying 6.1 WAR to Tomcat 7

Kevin Buikema, modificado hace 11 años.

Problem deploying 6.1 WAR to Tomcat 7

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/13 Mensajes recientes
When I try to deploy the 6.1 CE to our existing Tomcat test environment, it fails to start the context.

From the logs...
SEVERE: FAIL - Application at context path /liferay could not be started
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/liferay]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/liferay/portal/kernel/bean/BeanLocator
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.BeanLocator
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1714)

This was from a fresh download of the CE 6.1 WAR as of this morning. I have to imagine it's a simple issue, but I'm not familiar with the structure of the portal source, so I figured asking would be the quickest road to a solution.
thumbnail
Sushil Kumar Saini, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Problem deploying 6.1 WAR to Tomcat 7

Regular Member Mensajes: 104 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Have you added the portal-service.jar file at following path ?

{TOMCAT_HOME}/lib/ext/portal-service.jar
thumbnail
Sushil Kumar Saini, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 104 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/11 Mensajes recientes
Check the below link. It provides the steps for installing liferay 6.1 war on tomcat 7.0.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen11-installing-liferay-on-tomcat-7-0
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Liferay won't run just by adding war to tomcat. Check the link in Sushil's second post on steps on how to setup Liferay on Tomcat.
Otherwise, just download the tomcat bundle. You'll just be able to download, extract, and execute with this bundle.
Kevin Buikema, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 10/01/13 Mensajes recientes
I did install all the dependencies where instructed by the setup, but apparently the kicker was that 6.1 CE doesn't like to be installed anywhere other than the root, even if there is no root app deployed. Once I deployed the WAR to root, everything worked smoothly.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
6.1 CE doesn't like to be installed anywhere other than the root

It's not just an issue with 6.1, it's a limitation set by liferay in general. I think it's written in the setup instruction to deploy to ROOT too and to delete the default ROOT that may come with the application server.