Foros de discusión

Problem with Friend Requests

Kevin Pennock, modificado hace 11 años.

Problem with Friend Requests

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 10/07/12 Mensajes recientes
I am having an issue where after I make a friend request and the user confirms the friend request, the accounts are not shown as friends. If I refresh the users Public page after making the request and confirming it, it goes back to asking me to "Add as Friend". I have tried this on an install that I have locally for developing and it works so I am sure there is something in my configuration that is causing the issue. They were both installed the same just the one having issues has more customization done to the roles, permissions, etc. I am using 6.1.1 GA2 on both installs. I have changed the logging level to WARN and looked at the logs while I do these requests and I am not seeing anything. I am just looking for suggestions on where else I can look, permissions that might cause the issue, etc.

Thanks for any guidance.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Problem with Friend Requests

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
If you did your customization as recommended by liferay.com, you should have created some plugin. Try undeploying them and testing if it works to determine if the problem is with the customization or the setup/environment.
Kevin Pennock, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 10/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Well, I didn't have any plugins that we created for anything but that did make me think about just uninstalling and re-installing the Social Networking and Social Office plugins and that seemed to fix my problem. Not sure what caused it but at least it's working.

Thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Good to hear that it's working OK now.

Maybe there was some error during the deployment of the SO portlet or a file got corrupted due to hardware error. This actually sometimes happens.