Foros de discusión

selecting image form "Doc. and media" on custom portlet.!!!

Ashwani Kumar, modificado hace 11 años.

selecting image form "Doc. and media" on custom portlet.!!!

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 19/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

In my Cutom Portet...I am having a Browse button for selecting a file(that could be images), my requirement is, Once i click on Browse button..it should allow me to select the images from the "Document and Library" of Liferray.

Similary , How i can store the path of selected image in my custom table.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashwani
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: selecting image form "Doc. and media" on custom portlet.!!!

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
You do not store a path. Store the ID from the entity. That ID would be used to access the entity at a later time.

Browsing would just be a matter of invoking the API method to get the entities. You can use the keys returned to access the binary data of the content, then stream that back to the portlet for display.

You can reference the current source for the IG portlet to see how it's displaying the images inline for an example.
Ashwani Kumar, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 19/10/12 Mensajes recientes
David H Nebinger:
You do not store a path. Store the ID from the entity. That ID would be used to access the entity at a later time.

Browsing would just be a matter of invoking the API method to get the entities. You can use the keys returned to access the binary data of the content, then stream that back to the portlet for display.

Hi David,

What APIs, I can invoke for selecting the image from "Doc and Media" for my browse button in custom portlet.??

Regards,
Ashwani
Daniel Aschauer, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 22/10/12 Mensajes recientes
I need to do the same. Did you finally implement a solution for this requirement?
Thanks, Daniel
thumbnail
Aravinth Kumar, modificado hace 8 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 152 Fecha de incorporación: 26/06/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
Can someone guide me to achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Once i click on Browse button..it should allow me to select the images from the "Document and Library" of Liferray.

You're mixing David up. You probably mean "Document and Media" library. IG portlet in David's reply means Image Gallery portlet but that's just "Document and Media" portlet in the current version.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
IG portlet in David's reply means Image Gallery portlet but that's just "Document and Media" portlet in the current version.

I'm still on the Xmas/New Years holiday, so I'm kinda answering w/o looking at the code emoticon