Foros de discusión

SSO between liferay and another standalone application

thumbnail
Rajesh Chaurasia, modificado hace 11 años.

SSO between liferay and another standalone application

Regular Member Mensajes: 183 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi

I want to know how i can implement sso between a liferay application and another aplication out of context ie the two are disparate systems.My scenarionis :
1.login to liferay
2.go to a page in liferay portal where there is alink to invoke the other strandalone application ur say https://cnu.bapl.com/myphone
3.a fully authenticated user clicks on link inside liferay and then user should be able to enter the other application without having to specify credentials.

Can some body help ?

Can I use url rewriting in this or do i have to use cookie based logic ?I dont prefer cookei based logic as if i have to write multiple webapps in that stanadalone application,i will have write cooked based login everytime.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: SSO between liferay and another standalone application

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Probably CAS SSO is what you're looking for....
thumbnail
Rajesh Chaurasia, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 183 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Yes , can you provide me an analysis for this
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 310 Fecha de incorporación: 30/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Rashmi Rajappa, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/09 Mensajes recientes
As far as i understand out-of-the box SSO features provided in liferay are means by which you can do an SSO from an external application to Liferay. You see where i am alluding at here right.

Bottom line is, I think you need to analyze what kind of capabilities for Single Sign On does the other system have, the one to which you are trying to do a SSO.
There are many ways to accomplish this as in via CAS, NTLM or even a simple HTTP/POST with SAML token.
thumbnail
Jader Francia, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 65 Fecha de incorporación: 31/01/10 Mensajes recientes
You can also use a jsp bridge if users and passwords of two systems are the same.
Via hook plugin you can deploy in LR main webapp a jsp that can post user and password to second system via post / get simulating user's login.
It's not a secure solution but in a intranet environment I can think it's acceptable.
After deployed the jsp your link must open it and, o ononload event, the post / get is submitted to the second system.

My 2 cent! ;)

Cheers, J.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Liferay CE supports OpenSSO out of the box and there is a SAML plugin available for EE users.
We currently have several systems operating with OpenSSO and proprietary SSO without any problems.