Foros de discusión

LDS insists on adding <supports> blocks to new <portlet> block

Richard Rubel, modificado hace 11 años.

LDS insists on adding <supports> blocks to new <portlet> block

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 21/12/12 Mensajes recientes
I'm using Liferay Developer Studio 1.6.0v201208241803 on a Mac running Mountain Lion. I've been running through "Liferay In Action" and came across an issue that I'm hoping someone can explain.

When I add a new <portlet> block to portlet.xml, the Eclipse IDE automatically closes the block (which is fine) and then inserts a <supports> block inside the <portlet> one. That's cool, because I need that block anyway. However, if I try to add another block above the <supports> one, the IDE inserts ANOTHER <supports> block above where I'm typing, usually while I'm still typing. This repeats until I give up and leave the added block in place, deleting it when I'm sure I've finished typing inside <portlet>.

Example:
Entering
<portlet></portlet>

results in the IDE adding the bolded code:
<portlet>
[indent]<supports>
[indent]<mime-type></mime-type>[/indent]
</supports>
[/indent]
</portlet>

which becomes

<portlet>
[indent] <supports>
[indent] <mime-type></mime-type>[/indent]
</supports>

<port...

<supports>
[indent] <mime-type></mime-type>[/indent]
</supports[/indent]
</portlet>

if I add anything else above the auto-generated <supports>.

I tried this in other sample projects I've created, and it happens in them too. Any ideas?

Thanks.
[RICHR]
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: LDS insists on adding <supports> blocks to new <portlet> block

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1123 Fecha de incorporación: 16/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey Richard,

Thanks for the bug report. We will try to get this issue addressed in the next release of the IDE. Here is the ticket that I created for reference. http://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-764