Foros de discusión

Why Liferay?

Raju G, modificado hace 11 años.

Why Liferay?

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 8/11/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I am very new in liferay development.I would like to know the different aspect of using liferay.I mean for which type of project or work liferay should be ideally used.Can anyone explain me about this?or please share some useful link.

Thanks & Regards,
-Raju G
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Why Liferay?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Web server projects in general.
thumbnail
Shivaji C, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 143 Fecha de incorporación: 18/10/12 Mensajes recientes
It is like readymade software Raju with proper code standerds,think like if you want to develope a software it will take much time , but not in the case of using liferay, here you have to customize as you want,like drag and drop you have to write coding,but in Liferay every thing is ready, you just have to use it, thats it.
Gwowen Fu, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 315 Fecha de incorporación: 27/12/10 Mensajes recientes
It is ideal to build a web site with provided framework like account management and content management. If your web site doesn't need those or is not too complicated then I will suggest to use other web framework like Grails.
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 329 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/08 Mensajes recientes
There will be a learning curve at first when you are figuring out how to create portlets and how to administer the system. After you learn that, development time will greatly descrease. You can focus on the core of your application instead of common elements that Liferay provides out of the box.
thumbnail
Vishal Panchal, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 289 Fecha de incorporación: 20/05/12 Mensajes recientes
Raju G:
Hi,
I am very new in liferay development.I would like to know the different aspect of using liferay.I mean for which type of project or work liferay should be ideally used.Can anyone explain me about this?or please share some useful link.

Thanks & Regards,
-Raju G

Hi Raju,

Liferay is a portal server and basically used for developing portal-server based web applications.

Now,
If you want to use a Java-based portal, or to build a wide, complex portal, I recommend Liferay without restrictions.
If you want to create an application which manages a lot of content, Liferay is a good platform to do it and I think it may be the best choice.
If your application is big but not content-centric, I would not recommend Liferay but it can be useful.
If your application does not manage a lot of content and is potentially small, Liferay probably will add more complexity than it is worth.
(Abstracted from link)

And these are the Top 10 reasons why Liferay is the best Enterprise Portal product.

Hope it will be helpful to you..!

Thanks&Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal
Raju G, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 8/11/12 Mensajes recientes
Thank you all for your valuable view sharing..
thumbnail
Vishal Panchal, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 289 Fecha de incorporación: 20/05/12 Mensajes recientes
Wel come.emoticon

Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal