Foros de discusión

How to deploy Liferay portlets using Glassfish Administration Console?

thumbnail
Francis Franco Freich, modificado hace 11 años.

How to deploy Liferay portlets using Glassfish Administration Console?

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 17/05/11 Mensajes recientes
I was thinking since the Private Plugin portlet is optional, how to deploy a Liferay portlet in the Glassfish Administration console instead?

I tried it but no portlet is showing up in the 'More..' in the add portlet menu. I tried changing the auto.deploy.default.dest.dir to my glassfish autodeploy directory but it still doesn't come up.
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: How to deploy Liferay portlets using Glassfish Administration Console? (Respuesta)

Regular Member Mensajes: 230 Fecha de incorporación: 27/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Francis,

Before Liferay does give the portlet plugin the application server deployment, Liferay modifies the the plugin package. So basically that is the reason why you should use Liferay's deployment procedure.

There is also possibility to package projects to direct deploy format, which means that that deployment time modifications are done on package time. This I do not have practical experience. So I cannot really help you further.

Look the issue about the direct deployment LPS-8735
Rob Hall, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: How to deploy Liferay portlets using Glassfish Administration Console?

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 30/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Interesting. I'm struggling with this very issue currently with Liferay 6.1 EE GA2 (which doesn't have the Marketplace pre-installed) on Glassfish V3 cluster. I've tried deploying via the Glassfish admin console (as recommended by Liferay support) , and see the exploded war file on each node..but the Liferay instances doesn't pick them up. (i.e. I'm not seeing the theme or portlet available in Add> More.. or Plugins Configuration or Plugins Installation in the Control Panel of each LR instance.

I have a production support ticket open w/ Liferay but so far their suggestions aren't working.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: How to deploy Liferay portlets using Glassfish Administration Console?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
This is how I do it:

• Deploy your portlet in tomcat as usual
  • After portlet is deployed, simply compress the contents as ZIP where the portlet is exploded (<TOMCAT>/webapps/<yourportlet>. This file should have .war extension.
  • Deploy that war using your glassfish console

Other way of doing this is enable autodeploy in liferay but disabling it in glassfish and tell Liferay to autodeploy in other "fake" directory, so after Liferay makes is changes to the portlet it will put the file in your directory, and this file would be ready to be deployed like any other .war.
thumbnail
Francis Franco Freich, modificado hace 10 años.

RE: How to deploy Liferay portlets using Glassfish Administration Console? (Respuesta)

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 17/05/11 Mensajes recientes
I tried using this method to automatically deploy my Netbeans project into my Liferay installation.
What I'm using:
  • Netbeans 7.3
  • Liferay 6.1 with Glassfish Bundle
  • Ubuntu 12.04 OS as the server platform

I use this method:
  • Go to your chosen project's 'dist' folder which is automatically created by Netbeans when building projects.
  • Mount bind the Liferay/deploy folder to your chosen 'dist' folder. The deploy folder must be accessible and writeable for all.
  • Whenever you want to deploy DO NOT use the 'Clean Build' option in Netbeans. Just use 'Build' or F11 because you cannot remove a binded folder.
  • The produced 'war' file will automatically be deployed by Glassfish's deploy facility whenever a 'war' file is present in it.

This saved me heaps of time from manually deploying it through the "Private Plugin" portlet. It also autmatically updates your portlet whenever you "build".

I hope someday that it will be a native function of a plugin in Netbeans to save time for developing portlets in Glassfish bundle.