Foros de discusión

Portlets disappeared after the upgrade of Portal and plugins to 5.1.2

thumbnail
Artur Linhart, modificado hace 15 años.

Portlets disappeared after the upgrade of Portal and plugins to 5.1.2

Expert Mensajes: 459 Fecha de incorporación: 13/09/07 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

we performed the upgrade of the Liferay 4.3.5 ro 5.1.2. After solving of some issues we got it running and have also through update manager updated the installed plugins/portlets.

But now, if we come to some page, where some from the portlets was before, the portlet is not rendered there and in the log file I can find:following multiple error messages:

12:14:45,921 WARN [PortletLocalServiceImpl:148] Portlet not found for 10094 65
12:24:17,134 WARN [PortletLocalServiceImpl:148] Portlet not found for 10094 google_maps_portlet_WAR_googlemapsportlet
12:24:17,156 WARN [PortletLocalServiceImpl:148] Portlet not found for 10094 google_maps_portlet_WAR_googlemapsportlet_INSTANCE_1pmk

We have checked the tabole portletpreferences and the portlets are defined there. If we insert the new portlet of this kind (for example google maps) and compare the generated Id with the old one, it looks like the same Id (only last 4 characters of the identification in the layout are different), so I would expect the portlet preferences should be found too, because the Id did not changed, as far as I think...

Does anybody already solved this situation after the upgrade?

Cheers, Archie.
thumbnail
R Maurer, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Portlets disappeared after the upgrade of Portal and plugins to 5.1.2

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 29/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Artur,

Were you able to resolve your issue? I'm seeing the same issue with our upgrade from 4.4.2 to 5.0.1.

The portlets that were placed throughout our portal before the upgrade are appearing as not found in the logs, e.g.:

[PortletLocalServiceImpl:161] Portlet not found for 10101 ekportaluser_WAR_EKPortlet

However if we add one of the portlets to a page after the upgrade, they appear in the database with this convention:

ekportaluser_WAR_ekportal

Assuming this is the issue (or a symptom of the issue I have tried to determine where the "ekportal" is coming from. I believe it must be using the "ekportal" from one of 3 places, but I don't know why...

- "ekportal" is the name of the WAR file (e.g. ekportal.war)

- it is the "portlet id" in the liferay-display.xml:

<display>
<category name="category.ek">
<portlet id="ekportal" />
</category>
</display>

- it is in the "module-id" in the liferay-plugin-package.xml:
<module-id>liferay/ekportal/sample/1.0/war</module-id>

The old "EKPortlet" is used in:

- the "display-name" in the web.xml:
<display-name>EK Portlet</display-name>

- the "name" in the liferay-plugin-package.xml
<name>EK Portlet</name>

I have to believe it was using the "display-name" before (and removing the space), but why would it change? And what steps can I use to fix it other than reconstructing every single page on the site? Any ideas?
thumbnail

thumbnail
Artur Linhart, modificado hace 15 años.

Hello,

we played around with the portlet Ids in various tables (especially in portlet preferences table, bud did not have success in solving this issue. :-(

Finally, we just deleted the portlets from the portlet preferences table to avoid the error message and added it to the page again. It is not nice solution, but... In our case it were only 5 pages with this problem, so we did not have to invest a lot of time into some systematic solution of this problem...

I am sorry not to give You a better solution for this problem...

In the case You want to preserve the settings of the older porltetrs, You could in the DB copy the settings (text field "preferences" in the table "portletpreferences") from the old portlet records into the new Db records, but it is a dirty or very dirty solution.

good luck, Archie
thumbnail

Thanks for the response Artur.

We finally decided it was going to be faster to just install the portal from scratch, recreate the pages, and reload all the content, images and documents etc. We deemed the upgrade path from 4.4 to 5.2 buggy and not worth our time to debug and fix for a one time event.
thumbnail
Artur Linhart, modificado hace 14 años.

OK, I can understand Your position very well. Liferay should in every case put more effort into the upgrading process to make it work good. We are now about to test the upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.2.3, so I expect we wil (and already had) to do some research to perform the upgrade in consistent way.

The other problem what we have got with the other solution is, the LAR Export/Import is (or was?) not always working correctly, especially if You use the permission control on the resource level in documents and articles (the permissions have not been transferred correctly at least in the versions till 5.1.2), so there is always the question what is more painfull.

Did it (import/export) worked correctly for You if doing the given upgrade?

with regards, Archie