Foros de discusión

how NOT to use the theme for a pop-up window.

Vivek N Kapse, modificado hace 15 años.

how NOT to use the theme for a pop-up window.

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 9/09/08 Mensajes recientes
I have a custom Struts portlet for which I display the result in a separate window. I want this result NOT to use the portal theme. How can I achieve this.
The result page is part of this custom portlet. I use target="_blank" to make sure the result is shown in a separate window but the default theme is used. I dont want the theme to be used just for this result page.

Please let me how can i achieve this,
Erik R Hermansen, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: how NOT to use the theme for a pop-up window.

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 15/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Vivek N Kapse:
I have a custom Struts portlet for which I display the result in a separate window. I want this result NOT to use the portal theme.

Can you just include some extra CSS definitions to override the theme?

In your portlet view code, output a link to a new CSS file you create that has style definitions for the elements that are important to you. Since your CSS is included after the theme CSS, anything you put in it will be used with higher priority. To get an idea of what definitions you want to override, use a tool like the Firebug plug-in that shows elements and styles applied to them.

-Erik
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
Try setting the pop-up's window state to "POP_UP"

<portlet:renderurl windowstate="<%= LiferayWindowState.POP_UP.toString() %>" ...>
</portlet:renderurl>
Vivek N Kapse, modificado hace 15 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 42 Fecha de incorporación: 9/09/08 Mensajes recientes
I am not able to find out how to use this with one of the JSP of my struts portlet which basically is a result JSP page. On submitting a form and invoking the corresponding Action class I do a mapping.findForward to this result.jsp page. I have used tiles too in this struts portlet.
But i am not able to understand how can have this result page shown in a separate window with NO theme with no menus etc on it but with its own CSS.

Could you help me elaborating the solution you suggested on how to use it???
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modificado hace 15 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1228 Fecha de incorporación: 14/04/08 Mensajes recientes
CSS won't help, use EXCLUSIVE or POP_UP window state for rendering, as suggested above.
thumbnail
Rishi Dev Gupta, modificado hace 15 años.

Expert Mensajes: 255 Fecha de incorporación: 23/11/08 Mensajes recientes
There is velocity file portlet_pop_up.vm in the theme, there you can see all the css classes used and then you can customize the css in custom.css according to your needs.