Foros de discusión

Changing permissions on documents uploaded by sync

thumbnail
Alex Pline, modificado hace 11 años.

Changing permissions on documents uploaded by sync

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 2/02/11 Mensajes recientes
When I use Liferay Sync for uploading documents to a document library the default permissions include the Add Discussion and View for the Guest role. Since the use case is for these documents to be available only to logged in users (either via a document library portlet or via search), I would like the all default permissions to exclude the Guest role. Is it possible to change the default permissions for synced documents?

Default permissions:
thumbnail
Michael Young, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Changing permissions on documents uploaded by sync

Liferay Master Mensajes: 846 Fecha de incorporación: 5/08/04 Mensajes recientes
The default permissons are the same as those when you add a file through the web interface. So if you change the default permissions there, sync should use the same.
Ivan Ivanov, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 3/09/12 Mensajes recientes
How can I change the default persmissions on liferay sync? When I upload a file the permissions are exactly the opposite of the shown above: the files are not shown to the Guest role, but I want them to be public. I tried changing permissions from the web interface, but the files are still not visible. Please help!
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modificado hace 10 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 228 Fecha de incorporación: 30/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ivan,

The behavior of permissions on uploaded files has changed since the last post. Any file uploaded to the Guest site will have guest permissions. Files uploaded to sites will have view permissions for site members only, and files uploaded to your personal site will only be viewable by the user.

You should be able to change the permissions from the web interface after uploading. After selecting the Guest role's view permission on a file, what happens when a public user tries to view the link?