Foros de discusión

Problem with Liferay widgets and scrollbars while sharing on other webpages

meka toka, modificado hace 11 años.

Problem with Liferay widgets and scrollbars while sharing on other webpages

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 22/08/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello,

Background
I am currently using - Liferay 6.0.1 CE bundled with Tomcat 6.0.29 - and have an Asset Publisher that displays some content on a page. The page has a 3 column layout and display 3 different portlets in each of the columns. The intent is to quickly create portlets and embed them in another application using the code specified in the "Sharing" section that displays portlet code and how to use it using the Liferay widget script.

Problem
What we are noticing is that, the portlets have scrollbars when included on a different site. Following are screen shots of the site of how it looks on the Liferay managed pages vs including them using the Liferay widget.js.

Following is how the portlets look on a Liferay page

Following is how the portlets look when included on a different application, take a note of the scroll bars that appear to the right side of the portlets.

I have tried the below with no success
- setting height/width of the portlets when invoking the portlets
- setting scrollbar to none
- jQuery AutoHeight plugin as suggested by THIS forum posting

I also found THIS link that makes it sound like this is an open issue. Additionally the issue has been marked as trivial. I would think that this would be an important issue, as not everyone might want to use Liferay as a total solution. As in our case, we are trying to use certain aspects of Liferay CMS to quickly build portlets and use it in existing application framework.

How do we get rid of these scrollbars as this is unacceptable when including the portlets on other applications. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Deep
thumbnail
Hamish Campbell, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Problem with Liferay widgets and scrollbars while sharing on other webp

Junior Member Mensajes: 87 Fecha de incorporación: 20/08/08 Mensajes recientes
We have been wonting to use this functionality but never could because of this issue - anyone know how to solve this.
Raga Deep, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 22/08/12 Mensajes recientes
Any one? Has anyone used portlets on a separate application without the scrollbars?
Anna Silchenko-Wei, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 6 Fecha de incorporación: 26/11/12 Mensajes recientes
I have similar problem. My portlet partially shows up on the page. The scroll bar can be used to scroll down to see the content. Is there a way to display whole portlet content at once and without the scroll bar? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Anna