Foros de discusión

disable field of control panel

Ekta Vegad, modificado hace 11 años.

disable field of control panel

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 6/08/12 Mensajes recientes
hello,
I have to disable one of the field like "jobtitle" of control panel while creating a new user
I don't want any user to provide jobtitle then how can I do this?

what should I need to use hook or ext?

thank you.
thumbnail
Tejas Kanani, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: disable field of control panel

Liferay Master Mensajes: 654 Fecha de incorporación: 6/01/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi Ekta,

You'll have to make modification in \html\portlet\users_admin\user\details.jsp using hook.
You'll see below entry in details.jsp which is displaying job title in user account details from Control Panel. So just comment out this in overridden details.jsp in hook.
<!--<aui:input name="jobTitle" />-->

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tejas
thumbnail
Amit Doshi, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 550 Fecha de incorporación: 29/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Tejas Kanani:
Hi Ekta,

You'll have to make modification in \html\portlet\users_admin\user\details.jsp using hook.
You'll see below entry in details.jsp which is displaying job title in user account details from Control Panel. So just comment out this in overridden details.jsp in hook.
<!--<aui:input name="jobTitle" />-->

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tejas

Just Adding more to Tejas Comment, It will create issue for Administrator. If Administrator want to add job title then they will also not able to add the JobTitle. I think it would be better if you put condition on it.
thumbnail
Tejas Kanani, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 654 Fecha de incorporación: 6/01/09 Mensajes recientes
Amit Doshi:

Just Adding more to Tejas Comment, It will create issue for Administrator. If Administrator want to add job title then they will also not able to add the JobTitle. I think it would be better if you put condition on it.

Well nice catch Amit. emoticon
What I've understood is(as per Ekta mentioned) while creating new user job title is not required. So the solution provided would work and when user goes to their account they can't see job title field. But yes even Admin can't see job title for any user. In that case you can use below changes. Which will allow admin to see "job title" field for every user.

<c:if test="<%= permissionChecker.isOmniadmin() %>">
	<aui:input name="jobTitle" />
</c:if>
Ekta Vegad, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 6/08/12 Mensajes recientes
thank you