Foros de discusión

Downloading from Marketplace is too complex

thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Downloading from Marketplace is too complex

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Downloading from Marketplace it too complex to regular end-user. It's confusing to know what to do after the plugin description page appears.

Example of confused user in the following thread who is trying to download social office. It is possible to make it more intuitive?
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/15571113
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Downloading from Marketplace is too complex

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Downloading from Marketplace it too complex to regular end-user. It's confusing to know what to do after the plugin description page appears.

Example of confused user in the following thread who is trying to download social office. It is possible to make it more intuitive?

Hey Hitoshi, thanks for pointing that user to the documentation. Do you have a suggestion as to how to make it more intuitive?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
It's difficult to find the "Download" button.

Amazon has a "one click" to lessen user action to purchase an item, MarketPlace is requiring to many clicks to download a file. I think users will also get confused when they see the "purchase" radio button because they think they're download a "free" software. This is another reason to go with "$0.00" instead of "free" because with $0.00, users will know that they have to "purchase" it but it's going to cost $0.00. With "free", it's confusing when the "purchase" page comes up.

Another alternative is to skip the purchase page when the plugin is "free" and just go straight to the download page.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 311 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Thanks for the feedback, Hitoshi.

Let me bring it up with our UI team. We'll see if we can incorporate some other changes in the next iterative release that will help to alleviate the confusion.
thumbnail

We'll see if we can incorporate some other changes in the next iterative release that will help to alleviate the confusion.

Yes, please don't hold up the releases like it was done with liferay 6.1.1 GA2. I'll rather have something that I can use NOW rather than perfectly working system sometime in the future. :-)
gordon daniels, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 797 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/08 Mensajes recientes
I agree with Hitoshi. The marketplace interaction is very confusing. A game stopper for me using ga2, is that the plugins that were available in ga1 are not available in ga2. So, if you build a theme using plugins that were available in ga1 your up the creek without a paddle.

Also finding search capability was not that easy.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 311 Fecha de incorporación: 17/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:

Hi Hitoshi,

Interestingly enough, we're already in the process of updating the app details page to give it a cleaner look that may or may not help to make it more intuitive. We hope to roll it out in the next several weeks.
Penny Cooper, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 16/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi, I just want to download one antivirus software from marketplace, I want to know the procedures for it.
gordon daniels, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 797 Fecha de incorporación: 24/08/08 Mensajes recientes
Penny: Login to portal to to control panel. The upper left corner of control panel is marketplace. Select it and it will ask for your liferay login email and password. Enter them and select your plugins and follow the directions.