Foros de discusión

Permissions and Search Portlet

G B, modificado hace 15 años.

Permissions and Search Portlet

Regular Member Mensajes: 120 Fecha de incorporación: 30/08/07 Mensajes recientes
I have an article with permissions, so that only Organization Members can view this article. But when the guest user (that is not in this organization) searches with the Search Portlet, he also get to see that article! Is this a bug in the search portlet?
Gary Daigle, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Permissions and Search Portlet

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 8/08/12 Mensajes recientes
ANyone have an answer to this?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
What's your Liferay version?

I'm running 6.2GA2 on Tomcat
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 3089 Fecha de incorporación: 28/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Well I suppose you're running 6.1.1 GA2 (6.2 GA2 doesn't exist yet).

So guess the bug is this:

LPS-29476 Search portlet results are displaying for guest even without guest view permissions.

To solve it just patch Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 sources using this patch and tell the results:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/16707362

Well, my boss is being ignorant and refuses to let me apply your patch due to the possibility of "backdoors".
He is now looking into moving us to the Enterprise Edition in an effort to get official support. Do these issues affect both the CE and EE?
Fortunately I leave tomorrow, so this is no longer my problem. Thank you for your assistance!