Foros de discusión

Hooks

thumbnail
Lari Tuominen, modificado hace 15 años.

Hooks

Expert Mensajes: 283 Fecha de incorporación: 7/11/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

I have read some documentation related to Liferay hooks and it looks really nice ;) However I have few questions on how to create a hook and when should I use hooks instead of modifying Liferay ext.

1. All the examples and blog posts that I have read start from the fact that the hook project have already been created and actually they only show how to use simple hook. Starting from the scratch it would be nice to know how to create a hook - meaning that Plugins SDK has a folder for hooks. If one wants to create a portlet, the method is to run ./create.sh, etc, with correct parameters and baseline for portlet is created. How this can be achieved with hooks?

2. I have seen wol-portlet example that obviously utilizes hooks. Can I create a hook that has nothing to do with portlets. For instance if I would like to add some logic to liferay portalt startup - can I do it with hooks?

If someone can answer these questions, I can try it out and improve Liferay's wiki related to hooks.

PS: here's current information on wiki about hooks: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Hook+Plugins

- Lari
thumbnail
Mark Doerr, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Hooks

Junior Member Mensajes: 25 Fecha de incorporación: 14/07/08 Mensajes recientes
The same content that Lari found in the wiki is also in a Blog by (I think) Ray Agué.

There are some helpful comments to that article, but it still seems like not enough documentation to go to work with. Is there a more in depth discussion coming soon?
NIKHIL DIXIT, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/12 Mensajes recientes
Facing stackoverflow exception after creating a hook to override the jsp.
Please help
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
First do not revive a dead thread w/ a new question - post it as a new thread.

Second, unless you're going to provide some info (i.e. the stack trace), don't expect much help. There is absolutely nothing in your post that we could use to assist.