Foros de discusión

[Resolved] Tranfser to linux images not showing 6.1

gerald hemmers, modificado hace 11 años.

[Resolved] Tranfser to linux images not showing 6.1

Junior Member Mensajes: 93 Fecha de incorporación: 13/05/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi there,

I'm kind of new to linux but i worked with it before. I have the following problem.

I installed liferay locally on a windows machine 6.1... everything is working fine ... I just created a zip files of liferay home dir and backupped my db.
Imported the db into mysql on my linux server.... extracted the zip file and started the server and then the magic happens. (this always worked on previous versions)

If i look to my catalina.out i see a lot of erros on showing images ... for example [404_jsp:109] /html/css/taglib/@theme_image_path@/common/button_bg.png or 17:38:31,376 ERROR [ImageImpl:66] Error reading image 34303
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: D:/liferay61-source/6.1.x/bundles/data/document_library/0/0/34303.png/1.0

None of my images are showing ... and when i try to download images from the control panel in liferay it tells me that the are not there .... while i can see then in the file system in the data dir ...

Does any one has any clues on what this can be? I think all the read access on the data dir is correct but what should it be on Linux ?

Thanks for all your help..
Greets, Gerald
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Tranfser to linux images not showing 6.1

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Yep. You extracted the data directory but did not update the permissions on it. I'm guessing that they are such that the tomcat process cannot read either the files and/or the directories.

Thanks David, but that went ok ...

the difference is with previous versions ..(by better reading my log files) that there is a portal-setup-wizard.properties file in the root of liferay.. and in that file there is a line with the liferay.home= with the home dir of liferay.

so changing this to my linux home solved my issue ... the weird thing .. when i uploaded a new image to liferay it was working fine ...

any way thanks for your response ... issue is solved !
greets gerald
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I usually recommend everyone to turn off the setup wizard because it causes more trouble than it's worth.

If you're going to do another setup, set setup.wizard.enabled=false in portal-ext.properties.

Nice tip thanks !