Foros de discusión

Liferay setup on Centos

Wassim Kattan, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay setup on Centos

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 3/07/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Everyone,

This is the first time I set up Liferay on a Centos machine, and I keep running into a weird problem.

This is the guide I followed: http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Quick+Installation+Instructions

I have the latest Java installed , and have the liferay with tomcat bundle downloaded, copied to /usr , unzipped it there and did something very similar to this: Linux/OSX: cd /{directory}/liferay-{version}/tomcat-{version}/bin ./startup.sh }}}

here is what I get:

[root@webserver bin]# ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29
Using CATALINA_HOME: /usr/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr
Using CLASSPATH: /usr/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/bin/bootstrap.jar
[root@webserver bin]#

and nothing happens afterwards... I tried to go to serveripaddress:8080 , nothing... IPtables are down, and Webmin is accessible (which means nothing wrong with network or iptables).

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks
Linus Sphinx, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Liferay setup on Centos

Junior Member Mensajes: 99 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Looks like it's starting up, execute as root;
# netstat -ant
and see if you can figure out what address the port is bound to, may only be listening on localhost.
Check the file /usr/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/logs/catalina.out, will usually complain loudly in there what the exact problem is.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
have the latest Java installed

This may not be the problem, but Liferay doesn't support JDK 1.7 nor OpenJDK. You'll have to use Oracle JDK 1.6

As to your question, try ps -ef to find is the process is up or not and look in tomcat log file to see if there's any error.
Chris Daly, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 16/05/13 Mensajes recientes
Was this issue ever resolved because I get the same error. Oracle no longer supports JDK 1.6 (according to their web-site). I have JDK 1.7 installed as well and get the exact same error.