Foros de discusión

Liferay 5.2.3 CE upgrade issue for both Liferay 6.0.6 CE & Liferay 6.1.0 CE

thumbnail
Sunil Rai, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay 5.2.3 CE upgrade issue for both Liferay 6.0.6 CE & Liferay 6.1.0 CE

Junior Member Mensajes: 57 Fecha de incorporación: 31/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

My current portal is on Liferay 5.2.3 CE and I was planning to upgrade it to latest version but due to unexpected scenerio not able to do so. When I am upgarding to Lifeary 6.0.6 CE then I am facing issue of slow login problem.

To resolve this I have converted the legacy permission to alorithm 6, but again the same problem. To resolve this issue I upgarded my portal to Liferay 6.1.0 CE and then converted legacy permission to alorithm 6. This solves the slow login problem but two more problem came into picture, first image_gallery problem that is very common with no good solution and second LDAP problem after upgarde. For both isuues I have posted my queries in some tecnical website and official site forum including the following links:

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/14591675

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/14611762

At this point I am not sure whether to continue with Liferay 5.2.3 CE which is very old version or sruggle for a long time which is usually not acceptable in project deadline emoticon
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Liferay 5.2.3 CE upgrade issue for both Liferay 6.0.6 CE & Liferay 6.1.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
The simple solution is if you can't fix it yourself, use the last version you haven't seen any problem with
OR get EE (it may or may not contain the fix so try the trial version to see that works before purchasing).
thumbnail

Thanks Hitoshi for your quick response. Actually migrating to EE is not in my control. Lets see what to do next as per decision of concerned person at my end.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
After several months, it's seems apparent the there is not going to be any bug-free CE nor EE releases.
We're offering services to correct these problem to make liferay usable in time for production, but as of now, we are only offering our services in Japan.
There may be some other company in your area offering similar service.
thumbnail

Thanks for your concern Hitoshi. Problem at my end is less expertise for this tool. Anyway I found the problem is mainly due to LDAP only.
I have done a fresh setup and enabled LDAP option and imported the user. After importing it login is slow any suggestion how to debug this issue?

Please check the following link for the image of LDAP setting for Liferay 6.1.0 CE at my end:

https://www.box.com/s/3a99ca5e93c19d7b6335

Let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Sunil Rai