Foros de discusión

Solr and Liferay 6.1 Integration problem

thumbnail
Florencia Hernández, modificado hace 11 años.

Solr and Liferay 6.1 Integration problem

Regular Member Mensajes: 146 Fecha de incorporación: 27/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to make Solr work with Liferay 6.1, in Ubuntu. As there is no solr-web plugin for Liferay 6.1, I decided to download the solr-web sources from the svn server and compile it myself. I created the war and installed it. Everything went ok. I also go to http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/ and Solr is up and running. But when I go to Control Panel -> Server -> server administration -> Reindex all search indexes and click on Execute, it indexes with Lucene, not Solr (from what I see in the log). Besides, I'm not sure how to check if it is using Solr or not.

What do I have to do now to make Solr work?

TIA,

Florencia.
thumbnail
Paul ., modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Solr and Liferay 6.1 Integration problem

Liferay Master Mensajes: 522 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Do you see some kind of error in liferay console that it's not able to connect to Solr?
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 146 Fecha de incorporación: 27/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Paul,

No, I don't see any errors in the console. It loads a lot of Solr's stuff.

This is what I see when I run execute:

13:13:05,255 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:74] Reindexing Lucene started
13:13:05,365 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.assetpublisher.util.AssetIndexer started
13:13:05,367 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.assetpublisher.util.AssetIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:05,370 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.OrganizationIndexer started
13:13:05,754 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.OrganizationIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:05,758 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.UserIndexer started
13:13:08,124 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.UserIndexer completed in 2 seconds
13:13:08,125 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.journal.util.JournalIndexer started
13:13:08,504 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.journal.util.JournalIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:08,505 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBIndexer started
13:13:09,140 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:09,141 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.util.BookmarksIndexer started
13:13:09,734 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.util.BookmarksIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:09,735 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.blogs.util.BlogsIndexer started
13:13:09,819 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.blogs.util.BlogsIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:09,822 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.wiki.util.WikiIndexer started
13:13:11,352 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.wiki.util.WikiIndexer completed in 1 seconds
13:13:11,353 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.calendar.util.CalIndexer started
13:13:11,370 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.calendar.util.CalIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:11,370 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.util.SCIndexer started
13:13:11,389 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.util.SCIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:11,390 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLIndexer started
13:13:11,691 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLIndexer completed in 0 seconds
13:13:11,691 INFO  [LuceneIndexer:122] Reindexing Lucene completed in 6 seconds

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Besides, if I query some keywords in the Solr admin I don't get any results. Even if I query a *, I get no results, so I assume Solr is not working.
thumbnail
Paul ., modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 522 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/11 Mensajes recientes
I have done the integration with 6.0 and there it indicates error when it's wasn't able to connect to Sorl. I'll try integration with 6.1 and update my findings.
mukund S, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 25/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
I am trying to integrate solr 3.6 with liferay 6.0.....
Could you please explain me the procedure in detail ?
thumbnail
Amit Doshi, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 550 Fecha de incorporación: 29/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Florencia,

I think Still your Liferay is not integrated with Solr. So, it is still searching in the Lucene.

Can you please mention the steps how you had done configuration for solr with Liferay ?

Because I think you are missing some steps.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail
Namrata Hangal, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 161 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Amit is right here.

What you have done so far Florencia is install only Solr. Another .war plugin needs to be deployed onto Liferay_Home/deploy in order to integrate it. Even after the integration is done, you need to Execute Reindex from control panel/server administration.

I'm also trying the same. Let me know what steps you have followed...!

Regards,
Namrata
thumbnail

Hi Everyone,

Here are the steps I followed:

A) Installed the Solr example as an instance under Tomcat:

A.1) Downloaded the 1.4.1 sources of Solr and uncompressed the zip file under /opt/solr. Installed it following the steps from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
A.2) Executed ant dist in the source directory (so the apache-solr-1.4.1.war was created).
A.3) Executed ant example in the source directory.
A.4) Copied the war file into /opt/solr/example.
A.5) Created the solr.xml file in $TOMCAT_DIR/conf/Catalina/localhost, with the following text:

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?-->
                <context docbase="/opt/solr/example/apache-solr-1.4.1.war" debug="0" crosscontext="true">
                         <environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String" value="/opt/solr/example/solr" override="true" />
                </context>

A.6) At the end of $TOMCAT_DIR/bin/setenv.sh added the following line: JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsolr.solr.home=/opt/solr/example/solr/data
A.7) Appended -Dsolr.solr.home=/opt/solr/example/solr to the $JAVA_OPTS variable in catalina.sh.
A.8) I checked that the proper schema.xml file is under /opt/solr/example/solr/conf.
A.9) If I go to localhost:8080/solr/admin I see solr up and running.

B ) Installed the sorl-web plugin in my liferay instance:

B.1) Checked out liferay and solr-web from the svn repositories.
B.2) In solr-spring.xml I let the localhost:8080 address, because that is where it is running.
B.2) Compiled liferay, solr-web and created the solr-web-6.1.0.1.war file.
B.3) Started up tomcat.
B.4) In my liferay instance, I installed the solr-web-6.1.0.1.war file from the Plugin Installer. catalina.out did not show any errors, apparently the installation was ok.
B.5) I executed Control Panel -> Server -> server administration -> Reindex all search indexes.

Solr is still not integrated with Liferay. What am I missing?

Regards,

Florencia.
thumbnail

By the way, when I deploy the solr-web plugin, this is what catalina.out shows:

16:03:45,797 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:167] Processing solr-web-6.1.0.1.war
16:03:45,837 INFO  [WebAutoDeployListener:43] Copying web plugin for /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/deploy/solr-web-6.1.0.1.war
  Expanding: /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/deploy/solr-web-6.1.0.1.war into /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/20120518160345839
  Copying 1 file to /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/20120518160345839/WEB-INF
  Copying 1 file to /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/20120518160345839/WEB-INF/classes
  Copying 1 file to /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/20120518160345839/WEB-INF/classes
  Copying 1 file to /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/20120518160345839/META-INF
  Copying 58 files to /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/solr-web
  Copying 1 file to /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/solr-web
  Deleting directory /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/20120518160345839
16:03:46,331 INFO  [WebAutoDeployListener:49] Web plugin for /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/deploy/solr-web-6.1.0.1.war copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.
May 18, 2012 4:03:51 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
INFO: Deploying web application directory /opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/solr-web
16:03:51,992 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1099] Reading plugin package for solr-web
Loading file:/opt/liferay/innovation/liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/temp/1-solr-web/WEB-INF/classes/portlet.properties

So I assume that the plugin was properly installed.

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Mensajes: 550 Fecha de incorporación: 29/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Florencia,

Please check below blog that was written by me.

http://liferaytrends.blogspot.in/2012/05/integrating-solr-with-liferay-6.html

The Blog was written Considering the Solr with Liferay 6.0.10 but I don't think there will be any changes if you use Liferay 6.1 the integration Steps will remain the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail

Regular Member Mensajes: 161 Fecha de incorporación: 27/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Amit,

Could you please provide an excerpt from your article? Blogs are not accessible from within some secure LAN networks.
Appreciate your help

Regards
thumbnail

Hi Namrata,

I just copy pasted from my blog, sorry for bad formatting.

Building Solr & Installing Solr instance on tomcat.

1. Download Solr-1.3.0 release from Solr.
2. Unzip .tar on some location. For eg. /opt/solr/
3. Make /opt/solr/example/solr as a $SOLR_HOME.
4. Copy apache-solr-1.3.0.war file from /opt/solr/dist and paste it into /opt/solr/example/solr.
5. Open up the /opt/solr/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml
Replace
<dataDir>${solr.data.dir: ./solr/data}</dataDir>
by following
<dataDir>${solr.data.dir:/opt/solr/example/solr/data}</dataDir>

Note: The dataDir can also be temporarily overridden with the JAVA_OPTS environment variable prior to starting Tomcat
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsolr.data.dir=/opt/solr/example/solr/data"

6. It is recommended to run the Solr instance on separate tomcat instance other than liferay tomcat.
7. So for separate tomcat for solr, consider it here. $SOLR_TOMCAT
8. Into $SOLR_TOMCAT/conf/Catalina/localhost , create one solr.xml file and copy following content into the file and save it.

<context crosscontext="true" debug="0" docbase="/opt/solr/example/solr/apache-solr-1.3.0.war">

<environment name="solr/home" override="true" type="java.lang.String" value="/opt/solr/example/solr">

</environment>
</context>

9. Now start tomcat and check that it is running without any error or not.

Integrating Solr plugin with Liferay

1. Download Solr plugin which is compatible with the Liferay version.
2. Drop the plugin into $LIFERAY_HOME/deploy directory.
3. Start liferay tomcat server. After started liferay tomcat, just stop both the tomcat servers (SOLR_TOMCAT and LIFERAY_TOMCAT).
4. Openup the $LIFERAY_HOME/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/solr-web/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/solr-spring.xml

for bean id=”solrServer” give the solar tomcat settings and save it.
for eg. http://localhost:8181/solr

5. Copy the $LIFERAY_HOME/tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/solr-web/WEB-INF/conf/schema.xml file and paste it into /opt/solr/example/solr/conf/ directory.
And it is done now.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail

Thanks Amit! emoticon

Just curious to know which plugin you downloaded
Download Solr plugin which is compatible with the Liferay version.
thumbnail

I tried integrating solr 1.4.1 with liferay 6.1 but facing a lot of issues.
Here's a link to the discussion thread -
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12593031

Any suggestions/inputs?
Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Namrata,

The above configuration I done is with Liferay 6.0.10 with apache-solr-1.3.0

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail

Yes Amit, I understood which versions of solr and liferay you are using.
What I wanted to know is where did you download the solr-web plugin for liferay from?
thumbnail

For Liferay 6.0.10, we are getting solr-web plugin from Plugin Installation--> Web Plugins.

There is a problem with 6.1. We are not getting solr-web from Plugins installion. As we are using EE for 6.1 so with the help Liferay Credentials of EE, we are directly downloading from Liferay Website.
thumbnail
Vitor Silva, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 36 Fecha de incorporación: 3/05/12 Mensajes recientes
Actually I managed to integrate SOLR 3.6 with Liferay Portal 6.1. I am doing tests as we speak.
The solr-web needed to change the dependency classpath to the jars inside the distribution folder of solr 3.6.
Even so, the official integration with 1.4.1 of SOLR must work.
To better understand the behaviour of Liferay + SOLR, what Liferay does is delegate the indexing mechanism on solr-web that operates against solr through http. The result queries made by solr-web are then translated to Liferay again. The communication between Liferay and Solr-web is done via the Liferay Message Bus.
Some common issues may occur:
- Users are not displayed (this means an error occurred while doing the HTTP SOLR querie against SOLR). Probably the solr endpoint is not properly configured in the solr-spring.xml inside solr-web or it is a solr-web classpath problem. Refresh the Users and Organizations page and check the log file.
- Lucene is being used instead of SOLR. Of you see the LuceneIndexer executing this means the SOLR-Web probably failed to start. Upon installation ( put it inside the deploy folder of course) SOLR-Web will register SOLR as the indexing engine. If SOLR-Web fails to start then the default Lucene indexer will execute.

To help the first thing that should be done is check the SOLR endpoint to see if it is running. Then solr can be configured for debug level to see the queries being made, for example refreshing the Users and Organizations page will result on a specific querie. Check for errors. If the request didn't reach the SOLR Server, go to Liferay control panel and activate "com.liferay.portal.kernel.search" package to debug level . This will show you the query that was issued for execution against solr.

Keep in mind that the most common is something solr-web related or your solr server instance is not running on localhost:8080, and the spring bean is not properly configured.
thumbnail

Hi Vitor,

Thanks for the inputs.

Would really appreciate if you could tell, for the benefit of all those struggling with this task, the steps you have followed.

I have followed all steps, to the point, but haven't been able to integrate solr 1.4.1 with liferay 6.1.
I'm also curious to know why there isn't any official web plugin for 6.1? I downloaded the one at sourceforge!

Thanks & Regards
thumbnail

Namrata Hangal:
Hi Vitor,

Thanks for the inputs.

Would really appreciate if you could tell, for the benefit of all those struggling with this task, the steps you have followed.

I have followed all steps, to the point, but haven't been able to integrate solr 1.4.1 with liferay 6.1.
I'm also curious to know why there isn't any official web plugin for 6.1? I downloaded the one at sourceforge!

Thanks & Regards

Hi Namrata,
It is the official Community plugin, it is available for download at sourceforge.
The official Enterprise plugin is allocated on Liferay Servers of course.
Which steps have you followed?
I will re-install everything in a clean Liferay 6.1 and create a step by step report here.
thumbnail

Hi Everyone,

I've followed Amit's guide step by step, and still no luck. I keeps using Lucene.

Solr is up and running in a different Tomcat instance.

What else should I try?
thumbnail

Here is the web plugin I used, I compiled from the sources.
thumbnail

Hi Everyone,

Following Amit's guide, I installed solr-web plugin with Liferay 6.0. It works perfectly. It was a piece of cake. But I can't install it with Liferay 6.1. Can anyone point me out where that plugin is? Where can I donwload it from? It should be here: http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/official-plugins/-/software_catalog/products/1188376
But I don't see any official solr-web plugin for Liferay 6.1.

Vitor, I'll be waiting for you step-by-step report.

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Following Amit's guide, I installed solr-web plugin with Liferay 6.0. It works perfectly. It was a piece of cake. But I can't install it with Liferay 6.1. Can anyone point me out where that plugin is? Where can I donwload it from? It should be here: http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/official-plugins/-/software_catalog/products/1188376
But I don't see any official solr-web plugin for Liferay 6.1.

Thanks Florencia for the compliment. Good to hear it works for you.

I downloaded the plugins for the EE from the liferay website only . It was successfully integrated solr 1.4.0 with liferay 6.1 following the same step that I posted.
thumbnail

Hi Amit,

Could you please post the url where you downloaded the plugin from? Because I still can't make it work with Liferay 6.1.

Thanks,

Flor.
thumbnail

As we are using Enterprise Edition, We have Customer Login Credential for it from liferay. So we are able to download the solr war file from the liferay.
thumbnail

[SOLVED] Solr and Liferay 6.1 Integration problem

Hi Everyone,

I finally made Solr work with Liferay 6.1!!! The solr-web plugin from the svn repository does not work. I got another one from this url: http://releases.liferay.com/plugins/6.1.0-ga1/solr-web-6.1.0.1-ce-ga1-20120106155615760.war

That is the plugin that finally worked. Following Amit's instructions with that plugin, everything will work ok.

Thanks to everyone.

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Good to know that Florencia .. Looking for Namrata response now. Hope after downloading the war file from the mentioned link. She will also managed to configure it.
thumbnail

emoticon I don't understand what am I doing wrong.
I have already tried using that war file!

I have solr and liferay running on jboss 5.1
When I reindex, I still see
[LuceneIndexer:74] Reindexing Lucene started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.assetpublisher.util.AssetIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.assetpublisher.util.AssetIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.OrganizationIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.OrganizationIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.UserIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.UserIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.journal.util.JournalIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.journal.util.JournalIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.util.BookmarksIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.util.BookmarksIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.blogs.util.BlogsIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.blogs.util.BlogsIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.wiki.util.WikiIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.wiki.util.WikiIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.calendar.util.CalIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.calendar.util.CalIndexer completed in seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.util.SCIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.util.SCIndexer compleed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:148] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLIndexer started
INFO [LuceneIndexer:154] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLIndexer completed in 0 seconds
INFO [LuceneIndexer:122] Reindexing Lucene completed in 0 seconds

Following are the errors I am get when I search for something in liferay -
ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.facet.SolrFacetFieldCollector.getTermCollector(SolrFacetFieldCollector.java:52)

ERROR [IncludeTag:426] Current URL /web/guest/home?p_p_id=3&amp;p_p_lifecycle=0&amp;p_p_state=maximized&amp;p_p_mode=view&amp;p_p_col_id=column-1&amp;p_p_col_count=2&amp;_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch&amp;_3_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fguest%2Fhome&amp;_3_keywords=lucene&amp;_3_groupId=0 generates exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
10:51:02,288 INFO  [STDOUT] 10:51:02,288 ERROR [IncludeTag:154] java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.facet.SolrFacetFieldCollector.getTermCollector(SolrFacetFieldCollector.java:52)

But I see the lot of processing on solr console.

Any guesses what's going wrong?
thumbnail

Sorry I didn't had time to check this yesterday, I will try to do it today.
Running solr 3.6 with 6.1 CE will be impossible though. I had to change the source code, to change the classpath, to add dependencies, and then I got a problem while searching, it has to do with the solr query, I will look at this later.
I will try to reproduce your error with1.4.1 doing your exact steps
thumbnail

That would be very helpful Vitor. Thanks!

Specifically I'd like to mention that I'm running both, Solr and Liferay on Jboss 5.1.
Both have been configured to work on the same jboss installation but different port-sets. They are working perfectly fine. I do not see any installation errors in either logs.

I'm only worried about this solr integration. Have been struggling since 2-3 days and I need to find a solution asap!
thumbnail

Hi Namrata,

I get the same errors!

Even I see that Lucene is indexing, the solr server is also indexing! So it is working fine, except for those exceptions.

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Hi Flor,

So,

Even I see that Lucene is indexing, the solr server is also indexing!

I didn't get what you meant by solr server is also indexing? I mean, I can see whole lot of stuff happening at the solr console but I fail to see a solr indexing status message in liferay's console. I only see LuceneIndexer everywhere.

So it is working fine, except for those exceptions.

Did you try searching users, portlet content etc.? Are you getting the results on liferay's UI? Because I just get blank result page with those exceptions thrown at the backend console!

Can you please tell me how you tested solr to be working fine? Maybe I can follow the same to check at my end.
Thanks!
thumbnail

Namrata,

When you execute the "Reindex data blah blah" is when solr indexes too. You won't see anything in the Liferay console, but in the Solr console.

When I search through the search portlet, I get results (and the exceptions in the console).

Did you try going to the Solr web admin? The url should be something like: http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/ (the host and port depend on your configuration)

You can also search through the admin, to see if there is indexed data.

I run Solr in a different servlet container than Liferay (I use tomcat).

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Hmm... Well then I guess the integration was done long back emoticon

Hoping that a Liferay Official staff would see this discussion and comment on the exceptions that we're getting!! Probably raise a ticket for this issue?
As a developer I may be able to understand why the exceptions are coming in or I might even bypass/ignore them. But a client wouldn't be ok with it!

Just that I'm still not comfortable seeing those exceptions in my console...emoticon

Thanks for the inputs though Flor. I would've still been beating around the bush wondering why solr isn't indexing in liferay's console!
thumbnail

Hi Namrata!

Did you have any progress with this?

Regards,

Florencia.
thumbnail

Hey Flor,

Yes, I was able to integrate Solr 1.4.1 as well as Solr 3.5 with Liferay 6.1.

Currently, I'm trying to make it work with v3.6 of Solr. Getting a few schema based errors.
I really do hope Liferay updates their solr-web plugin to work with the recent versions of Solr...!

Regards,
Namrata
thumbnail

Hi Namrata!

Congratulations!

Did you get rid of the exceptions you had?

Regards,

Flor.
thumbnail

Hi Flor,

The exceptions still haunt me but the search seems to be working fine for now!
Kris Sokolovski, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 14/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Namrata!

I am glad You managed to make it working on Solr 3.6.

Were these errors related solr schema? Are they familiar to these:
06:56:29,413 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1026] Reading plugin package for solr-web
06:56:29,664 ERROR [SolrIndexWriterImpl:53] org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR: [doc=PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay-ee/solr-web/6.1.10.1-ee-ga1-20120217132404825_updated/war] cannot set an index-time boost, norms are omitted for field groupId: liferay-ee

ERROR: [doc=PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay-ee/solr-web/6.1.10.1-ee-ga1-20120217132404825_updated/war] cannot set an index-time boost, norms are omitted for field groupId: liferay-ee

request: http://localhost:8080/search/update?wt=javabin&amp;version=2
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: ERROR: [doc=PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay-ee/solr-web/6.1.10.1-ee-ga1-20120217132404825_updated/war] cannot set an index-time boost, norms are omitted for field groupId: liferay-ee

ERROR: [doc=PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay-ee/solr-web/6.1.10.1-ee-ga1-20120217132404825_updated/war] cannot set an index-time boost, norms are omitted for field groupId: liferay-ee

request: http://localhost:8080/search/update?wt=javabin&amp;version=2
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:427)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:249)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer.request(BasicAuthSolrServer.java:99)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:121)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:106)
thumbnail

Hi Kris,

Yes, this is a schema error. Unfortunately, the solr-web plugin from Liferay is not yet updated for the latest version of Solr.
Here's the link to the explanation
omitNorms=true|false
This is arguably an advanced option.
Set to true to omit the norms associated with this field (this disables length normalization and index-time boosting for the field, and saves some memory). Only full-text fields or fields that need an index-time boost need norms.

I'm not sure what would be the precise solution. But I have found a quick fix.

Here's what I did -

Whenever you get this error,
(a) check logs to find all such field names
(b) edit your schema. Add omitNorms=false for each of the fields found in the logs. Example -

<field name="entryClassPK" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" omitNorms="false" />

c) save your schema and ensure it's copied to solr-web.war as well as your solr_home_installation directory so that there is no conflict

Anyone with a better solution is most welcome to comment. I don't want to be in a soup for having done those tweaks

Thank You, Namrata!

Looks like it worked! emoticon. I need to do some other modifications in my environment to check if everything is fine.

Best regards,
Kris
thumbnail
Murat ÇOLAK, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 45 Fecha de incorporación: 28/07/09 Mensajes recientes
solr 3.6.2

and liferay 6.1.1
omitNorms="false" run properly

Thanks
thumbnail
Rehan Pathan, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 7 Fecha de incorporación: 31/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Hi all of you......finally i have done liferay 6.1.0 + solr integration after some hardwork.
if you are facing some problem then check this post http://blog.rehanpathan.com/liferay-solr-integration
Hemant Kumar Singh, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 16/08/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi namrata

could you please tell me how to check for that solr is being used for searching................

regards
hemant
thumbnail

Hi Vitor,

The steps I followed, in short, are -
1) Install Solr -> I'm confident this is working fine since I am able to view the solr admin at http://hostname:port/solr/admin
It picks up the (example) schema after installation.
2) I downloaded the solr-web plugin from sourceforge. Modified solr-spring.xml to point to the correct solr url
3) Replaces solr installation's schema.xml with solr-web's schema.xml. When I restart the solr instance, it picks up the new (liferay) schema. I am able to see it on solr admin
4) I repackaged solr-web as war and dropped in into Liferay's deploy folder.
I don't see a successful deployment message! A few errors, in fact.
5) I reindex search in the control panel. In liferay logs, I see Lucene being used for reindexing again. So definitely liferay is unable to pick solr for indexing.
6) When I search for something in liferay, it generates a lot of errors. From the logs I see that it tries to use solr for search but since probably the reindexing with solr failed, it results in a blank search result window! Note: When I remove the solr-web I get search result perfectly!
7) I searched for the same article in solr-admin and I was able to see the search result. So definitely solr is at work but the reindexing at liferay has failed somehow.

Am not able to understand what have I done wrong?
Please help!
thumbnail
Ramalingam G, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 10/08/11 Mensajes recientes
As per Liferay, Liferay 6.1 will work with Solr 1.4.1 only and It is working fine for me.How to make it work with latest solr version 3.6.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Ramalingam G:
As per Liferay, Liferay 6.1 will work with Solr 1.4.1 only and It is working fine for me.How to make it work with latest solr version 3.6.

Check out and 'watch' this ticket. There is a link to a community member's github acct where they apparently have gotten Solr 3.1 to work, so it shouldn't be much harder to get 3.6 to work.
thumbnail

Hi Ramalingam,

I have managed to get Liferay 6.1 working with Solr 3.6.
I just am not sure if it's fool-proof!

Regards,
Namrata
thumbnail

Hi Ramalingam!

Are you using Liferay 6.1 CE? If so, can you share with us the steps you followed?

Thanks,

Flor.
Rajarshi Chakrabarty, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 14 Fecha de incorporación: 12/06/12 Mensajes recientes
Does anyone tried to do faceted search in liferay 6.0.6 with solr 3.6.0 with solr-web-6.0.6.1 web plugin???
thumbnail

Hi Rajarshi,

Faceted search has been implemented in Liferay 6.1 based on tags & categories.
If I were you, I would download the source code of 6.1 and take a look at how search portlet has been implemented!

HTH!

Thanks for your reply Namrata. I required this faceted search thing implemented as soon as possible. As liferay 6.1 provide it OOB, so I tried to integrate Liferay 6.1.0 ga with solr 3.6.0 using solr-web-6.1.0 ga plugin. But the integration is not working well. LIferay is indexing with both Lucene and solr. And most important to it, When i tried to search in liferay, It throws error saying "error executing query".

ERROR [SolrIndexSearcherImpl:113] org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:95)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:311)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexSearcherImpl.doSearch(SolrIndexSearcherImpl.java:176)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexSearcherImpl.search(SolrIndexSearcherImpl.java:110)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.MethodHandler.invoke(MethodHandler.java:83)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.proxy.ProxyRequest.execute(ProxyRequest.java:57)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.proxy.ProxyMessageListener.receive(ProxyMessageListener.java:50)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SynchronousDestination.send(SynchronousDestination.java:39)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.sender.DirectSynchronousMessageSender.send(DirectSynchronousMessageSender.java:60)
	at com.liferay.portal.messaging.proxy.MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.doInvokeSynchronous(MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.java:113)
	at com.liferay.portal.messaging.proxy.MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.invoke(MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.java:60)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:90)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
	at $Proxy261.search(Unknown Source)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchEngineUtil.search(SearchEngineUtil.java:333)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.FacetedSearcher.search(FacetedSearcher.java:91)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.search.search_jsp._jspService(search_jsp.java:1073)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:70)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:593)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:530)
	at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.include(IncludeTag.java:323)
	at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag._doInclude(IncludeTag.java:418)
	at com.liferay.taglib.util.IncludeTag.doEndTag(IncludeTag.java:92)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.common.themes.portlet_jsp._jspService(portlet_jsp.java:4620)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:70)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:593)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:530)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:316)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.include(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:120)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doInclude(PortletRequestProcessor.java:281)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doForward(PortletRequestProcessor.java:251)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:239)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:341)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcessor.java:572)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:221)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:230)
	at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.include(StrutsPortlet.java:239)
	at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.doView(StrutsPortlet.java:152)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.LiferayPortlet.doDispatch(LiferayPortlet.java:211)
	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)
	at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:100)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:64)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:651)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeRender(InvokerPortletImpl.java:722)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.render(InvokerPortletImpl.java:426)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.render_005fportlet_jsp._jspService(render_005fportlet_jsp.java:1215)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalImpl.renderPortlet(PortalImpl.java:4735)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.renderPortlet(PortalUtil.java:1455)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processPortlet(RuntimePortletImpl.java:213)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processPortlet(RuntimePortletImpl.java:135)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processPortlet(RuntimePortletImpl.java:122)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processPortlet(RuntimePortletUtil.java:54)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.velocity.PortletLogic.processContent(PortletLogic.java:75)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.velocity.TemplateProcessor.processMax(TemplateProcessor.java:83)
	at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.doInvoke(UberspectImpl.java:389)
	at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:378)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:270)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:262)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:342)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:328)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:235)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:381)
	at com.liferay.portal.velocity.VelocityEngineImpl.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngineImpl.java:184)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.velocity.VelocityEngineUtil.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngineUtil.java:61)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processTemplate(RuntimePortletImpl.java:277)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processTemplate(RuntimePortletUtil.java:118)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.layout.view.portlet_jsp._jspService(portlet_jsp.java:455)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.includeLayoutContent(LayoutAction.java:412)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:680)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:244)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:174)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:533)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:510)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:113)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:113)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:121)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:201)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:48)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:203)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:105)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:121)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:240)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:203)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:105)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:471)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:402)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:329)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:135)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:304)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:123)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:201)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.i18n.I18nFilter.processFilter(I18nFilter.java:241)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.etag.ETagFilter.processFilter(ETagFilter.java:55)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:240)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmPostFilter.processFilter(NtlmPostFilter.java:83)
	at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:80)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.processFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:208)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:184)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:92)
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:164)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:92)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:164)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:184)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:300)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Bad Request

Bad Request

request: http://localhost:[i]portno[/i]/solr/select?hl=true&amp;hl.fragsize=80&amp;hl.snippets=3&amp;fl=*,score&amp;q=+(+(companyId:1) +((+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User) +(status:0)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle) +(status:0)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.calendar.model.CalEvent)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.wiki.model.WikiPage)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.model.MBMessage) +(discussion:false)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.model.DLFileEntry) +(status:0)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.Organization)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.blogs.model.BlogsEntry)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.model.BookmarksEntry)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.model.SCProductEntry)))) +(assetCategoryNames:welcome assetTagNames:welcome comments:welcome content:welcome description:welcome properties:welcome title:welcome url:welcome userName:welcome city:welcome country:welcome emailAddress:welcome firstName:welcome fullName:welcome lastName:welcome middleName:welcome region:welcome screenName:welcome street:welcome zip:welcome classPK:welcome content_en_US:welcome description_en_US:welcome entryClassPK:welcome title_en_US:welcome type:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_PROGRAM_ID:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_COMMAND_LINE:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_HISTORY:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_TABLE_ID:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_INSTITUTION:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_SOURCE:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_CONTACT:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_PROJECT_ID:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_CONVENTIONS:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_REFERENCES:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_REALIZATION:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_EXPERIMENT_ID:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_COMMENT:welcome ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_MODEL_NAME_ENGLISH:welcome ddm/10285/CreativeCommons_LICENSE_URL:welcome ddm/10285/CreativeCommons_LICENSE_LOCATION:welcome ddm/10285/CreativeCommons_WORK_TYPE:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_FORMAT:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_IDENTIFIER:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_MODIFIED:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_CONTRIBUTOR:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_COVERAGE:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_CREATOR:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_DESCRIPTION:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_LANGUAGE:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_PUBLISHER:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_RELATION:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_RIGHTS:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_SOURCE:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_SUBJECT:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_TITLE:welcome ddm/10285/DublinCore_TYPE:welcome ddm/10285/Geographic_LATITUDE:welcome ddm/10285/Geographic_LONGITUDE:welcome ddm/10285/Geographic_ALTITUDE:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_ENCODING:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_LANGUAGE:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_LENGTH:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_LOCATION:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_DISPOSITION:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_MD5:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_TYPE:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_LAST_MODIFIED:welcome ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_LOCATION:welcome ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_RECIPIENT_ADDRESS:welcome ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_FROM:welcome ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_TO:welcome ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_CC:welcome ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_BCC:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_KEYWORDS:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_COMMENTS:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_LAST_AUTHOR:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_APPLICATION_NAME:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_CHARACTER_COUNT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_LAST_PRINTED:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_LAST_SAVED:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_PAGE_COUNT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_REVISION_NUMBER:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_WORD_COUNT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_TEMPLATE:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_AUTHOR:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_TOTAL_TIME:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_SLIDE_COUNT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_PRESENTATION_FORMAT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_PARAGRAPH_COUNT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_NOTES:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_MANAGER:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_LINE_COUNT:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_CHARACTER_COUNT_WITH_SPACES:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_APPLICATION_VERSION:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_VERSION:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_CONTENT_STATUS:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_CATEGORY:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_COMPANY:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_SECURITY:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_EDIT_TIME:welcome ddm/10285/MSOffice_CREATION_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_BITS_PER_SAMPLE:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_IMAGE_LENGTH:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_IMAGE_WIDTH:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_SAMPLES_PER_PIXEL:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_FLASH_FIRED:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_EXPOSURE_TIME:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_F_NUMBER:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_FOCAL_LENGTH:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_ISO_SPEED_RATINGS:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_EQUIPMENT_MAKE:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_EQUIPMENT_MODEL:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_SOFTWARE:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_ORIENTATION:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_RESOLUTION_HORIZONTAL:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_RESOLUTION_VERTICAL:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_RESOLUTION_UNIT:welcome ddm/10285/TIFF_ORIGINAL_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/TikaMetadataKeys_RESOURCE_NAME_KEY:welcome ddm/10285/TikaMetadataKeys_PROTECTED:welcome ddm/10285/TikaMimeKeys_TIKA_MIME_FILE:welcome ddm/10285/TikaMimeKeys_MIME_TYPE_MAGIC:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_DURATION:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_ABS_PEAK_AUDIO_FILE_PATH:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_ALBUM:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_ALT_TAPE_NAME:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_ARTIST:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_MOD_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_SAMPLE_TYPE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_CHANNEL_TYPE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_COMPRESSOR:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_COMPOSER:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_COPYRIGHT:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_ENGINEER:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_FILE_DATA_RATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_GENRE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_INSTRUMENT:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_KEY:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_LOG_COMMENT:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_LOOP:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_NUMBER_OF_BEATS:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_METADATA_MOD_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_PULL_DOWN:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_RELATIVE_PEAK_AUDIO_FILE_PATH:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_RELEASE_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_SCALE_TYPE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_SCENE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_SHOT_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_SHOT_LOCATION:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_SHOT_NAME:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_SPEAKER_PLACEMENT:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_STRETCH_MODE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_TAPE_NAME:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_TEMPO:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_TIME_SIGNATURE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_TRACK_NUMBER:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_ALPHA_MODE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_ALPHA_UNITY_IS_TRANSPARENT:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_COLOR_SPACE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_COMPRESSOR:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_FIELD_ORDER:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_FRAME_RATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_MOD_DATE:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_PIXEL_DEPTH:welcome ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO:welcome extension:welcome fileEntryTypeId:welcome path:welcome name:welcome parentOrganizationId:welcome)&amp;rows=5020&amp;start=0&amp;facet.field=assetTagNames&amp;facet.field=modified&amp;facet.field=assetCategoryNames&amp;facet.field=entryClassName&amp;facet=true&amp;facet.query=modified:[19700101000000 TO *]&amp;facet.limit=-1&amp;wt=javabin&amp;version=2
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:427)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:249)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer.request(BasicAuthSolrServer.java:99)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:89)
	... 252 more
09:27:50,982 ERROR [IncludeTag:426] Current URL /web/guest/search?p_p_id=3&amp;p_p_lifecycle=0&amp;p_p_state=maximized&amp;p_p_mode=view&amp;p_p_col_id=column-2&amp;p_p_col_count=1&amp;_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch&amp;_3_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fguest%2Fsearch%3Bjsessionid%3D4DA910A56BEE09A6C53119D918D03CE9&amp;_3_keywords=welcome&amp;_3_groupId=0 generates exception: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: Error executing query
09:27:50,983 ERROR [IncludeTag:154] com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: Error executing query
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexSearcherImpl.search(SolrIndexSearcherImpl.java:115)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.proxy.ProxyRequest.execute(ProxyRequest.java:57)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.proxy.ProxyMessageListener.receive(ProxyMessageListener.java:50)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SynchronousDestination.send(SynchronousDestination.java:39)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.sender.DirectSynchronousMessageSender.send(DirectSynchronousMessageSender.java:60)
	at com.liferay.portal.messaging.proxy.MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.doInvokeSynchronous(MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.java:113)
	at com.liferay.portal.messaging.proxy.MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.invoke(MultiDestinationMessagingProxyAdvice.java:60)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchEngineUtil.search(SearchEngineUtil.java:333)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.FacetedSearcher.search(FacetedSearcher.java:91)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.search.search_jsp._jspService(search_jsp.java:1073)

Any input in this???
thumbnail

I tried to integrate Liferay 6.1.0 ga with solr 3.6.0 using solr-web-6.1.0 ga plugin. But the integration is not working well

All the solr-web.war plugins that you get from the svn are only for Solr version 1.4. You have to modify the plugin to get it to work with version 3.6. There are some discussion threads that discuss how to change the plugin's schema and libraries.

LIferay is indexing with both Lucene and solr

On Liferay's console, you will be able to see only Lucene Indexing status. You would see the real action only on Solr console. When you reindex/search in Liferay, if you can see stuff happening in Solr, that means Liferay is able to hit Solr. So you're almost there.

Can you please ensure the above two are implemented and then let us know if you get errors?
Also, please go through the discussions in this thread as well.

Namrata Hangal:
You have to modify the plugin to get it to work with version 3.6. There are some discussion threads that discuss how to change the plugin's schema and libraries.

Namrata, could you provide some link to these threads, can't find this. Maybe you know exactly where these are.

Thank You!

Regards,
Kris
thumbnail

Hi Kris,

Did you manage to find those links?
I haven't bookmarked them myself. But I do have a copy of the schema that was used for Solr 3.5

Let me know in case you haven't yet figured it out..

Hi Namrata,

Thanks for the replay. I haven't yet figure it out, other more important stuff. So it would be helpful, if you could provide some info. Could I see that schema.

Best regards!
thumbnail

Attached is the schema file for Solr 3.5.
( Do remember to change the filename to schema.xml )

Hi Namrata, Thanks again for your reply. I tried to integrate liferay 6.1 ga and liferay 6.0 with solr 1.4.1 but it is throwing "Error query exception" . Integration with liferay 6.0 is working fine but integration of solr with liferay 6.1 ga is producing exceptions.

10:45:33,361 ERROR [IncludeTag:426] Current URL /web/guest/search?p_p_id=3&amp;p_p_lifecycle=0&amp;p_p_state=maximized&amp;p_p_mode=view&amp;_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch&amp;_3_format=&amp;_3_keywords=liferay&amp;_3_groupId=0&amp;_3_entryClassName=&amp;_3_modified=&amp;_3_modifiedselection=0&amp;_3_modifiedfrom=&amp;_3_modifiedto=&amp;x=0&amp;y=0 generates exception: com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: Error executing query
10:45:33,371 ERROR [IncludeTag:154] com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: Error executing query
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexSearcherImpl.search(SolrIndexSearcherImpl.java:115)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.DirectRequestDispatcher.include(DirectRequestDispatcher.java:45)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.common.themes.portlet_jsp._jspService(portlet_jsp.java:4620)

10:48:46,235 ERROR [SolrIndexSearcherImpl:113] org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:95)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:118)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexSearcherImpl.doSearch(SolrIndexSearcherImpl.java:176)
	at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexSearcherImpl.search(SolrIndexSearcherImpl.java:110)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)
	at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:90)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
	at $Proxy261.search(Unknown Source)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.DirectRequestDispatcher.include(DirectRequestDispatcher.java:45)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:316)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.include(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:120)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doInclude(PortletRequestProcessor.java:281)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doForward(PortletRequestProcessor.java:251)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:239)
	at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.internalModuleRelativeForward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:341)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForward(RequestProcessor.java:572)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:221)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:230)
	at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.include(StrutsPortlet.java:239)
	at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.doView(StrutsPortlet.java:152)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.LiferayPortlet.doDispatch(LiferayPortlet.java:211)
	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)
	at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:100)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:64)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:651)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeRender(InvokerPortletImpl.java:722)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.render(InvokerPortletImpl.java:426)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.render_005fportlet_jsp._jspService(render_005fportlet_jsp.java:1215)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalImpl.renderPortlet(PortalImpl.java:4735)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalUtil.renderPortlet(PortalUtil.java:1455)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processPortlet(RuntimePortletImpl.java:213)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processPortlet(RuntimePortletImpl.java:135)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processPortlet(RuntimePortletImpl.java:122)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processPortlet(RuntimePortletUtil.java:54)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.velocity.PortletLogic.processContent(PortletLogic.java:75)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.velocity.TemplateProcessor.processMax(TemplateProcessor.java:83)
	at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.doInvoke(UberspectImpl.java:389)
	at org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:378)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:270)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:262)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:342)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:328)
	at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:235)
	at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:381)
	at com.liferay.portal.velocity.VelocityEngineImpl.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngineImpl.java:184)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.velocity.VelocityEngineUtil.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngineUtil.java:61)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletImpl.processTemplate(RuntimePortletImpl.java:277)
	at com.liferay.portlet.layoutconfiguration.util.RuntimePortletUtil.processTemplate(RuntimePortletUtil.java:118)
	at org.apache.jsp.html.portal.layout.view.portlet_jsp._jspService(portlet_jsp.java:455)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.includeLayoutContent(LayoutAction.java:412)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:680)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:244)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:174)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:533)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:510)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:471)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:402)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:329)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:135)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:304)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:123)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.i18n.I18nFilter.processFilter(I18nFilter.java:241)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.etag.ETagFilter.processFilter(ETagFilter.java:55)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmPostFilter.processFilter(NtlmPostFilter.java:83)
	at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:80)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.processFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:208)
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:300)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Bad Request

Bad Request

request: http://localhost:9999/apache-solr/select?hl=true&amp;hl.fragsize=80&amp;hl.snippets=3&amp;fl=score&amp;q=+(+(companyId:1) +((+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User) +(status:0)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle) +(status:0)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.calendar.model.CalEvent)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.wiki.model.WikiPage)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.model.MBMessage) +(discussion:false)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.model.DLFileEntry) +(status:0)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.Organization)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.blogs.model.BlogsEntry)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.model.BookmarksEntry)) (+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.model.SCProductEntry)))) +(assetCategoryNames:liferay assetTagNames:liferay comments:liferay content:liferay description:liferay properties:liferay title:liferay url:liferay userName:liferay city:liferay country:liferay emailAddress:liferay firstName:liferay fullName:liferay lastName:liferay middleName:liferay region:liferay screenName:liferay street:liferay zip:liferay classPK:liferay content_en_US:liferay description_en_US:liferay entryClassPK:liferay title_en_US:liferay type:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_PROGRAM_ID:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_COMMAND_LINE:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_HISTORY:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_TABLE_ID:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_INSTITUTION:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_SOURCE:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_CONTACT:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_PROJECT_ID:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_CONVENTIONS:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_REFERENCES:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_REALIZATION:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_EXPERIMENT_ID:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_COMMENT:liferay ddm/10285/ClimateForcast_MODEL_NAME_ENGLISH:liferay ddm/10285/CreativeCommons_LICENSE_URL:liferay ddm/10285/CreativeCommons_LICENSE_LOCATION:liferay ddm/10285/CreativeCommons_WORK_TYPE:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_FORMAT:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_IDENTIFIER:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_MODIFIED:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_CONTRIBUTOR:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_COVERAGE:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_CREATOR:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_DESCRIPTION:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_LANGUAGE:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_PUBLISHER:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_RELATION:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_RIGHTS:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_SOURCE:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_SUBJECT:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_TITLE:liferay ddm/10285/DublinCore_TYPE:liferay ddm/10285/Geographic_LATITUDE:liferay ddm/10285/Geographic_LONGITUDE:liferay ddm/10285/Geographic_ALTITUDE:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_ENCODING:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_LANGUAGE:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_LENGTH:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_LOCATION:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_DISPOSITION:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_MD5:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_TYPE:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_LAST_MODIFIED:liferay ddm/10285/HttpHeaders_LOCATION:liferay ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_RECIPIENT_ADDRESS:liferay ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_FROM:liferay ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_TO:liferay ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_CC:liferay ddm/10285/Message_MESSAGE_BCC:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_KEYWORDS:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_COMMENTS:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_LAST_AUTHOR:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_APPLICATION_NAME:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_CHARACTER_COUNT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_LAST_PRINTED:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_LAST_SAVED:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_PAGE_COUNT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_REVISION_NUMBER:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_WORD_COUNT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_TEMPLATE:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_AUTHOR:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_TOTAL_TIME:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_SLIDE_COUNT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_PRESENTATION_FORMAT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_PARAGRAPH_COUNT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_NOTES:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_MANAGER:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_LINE_COUNT:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_CHARACTER_COUNT_WITH_SPACES:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_APPLICATION_VERSION:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_VERSION:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_CONTENT_STATUS:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_CATEGORY:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_COMPANY:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_SECURITY:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_EDIT_TIME:liferay ddm/10285/MSOffice_CREATION_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_BITS_PER_SAMPLE:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_IMAGE_LENGTH:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_IMAGE_WIDTH:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_SAMPLES_PER_PIXEL:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_FLASH_FIRED:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_EXPOSURE_TIME:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_F_NUMBER:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_FOCAL_LENGTH:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_ISO_SPEED_RATINGS:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_EQUIPMENT_MAKE:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_EQUIPMENT_MODEL:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_SOFTWARE:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_ORIENTATION:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_RESOLUTION_HORIZONTAL:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_RESOLUTION_VERTICAL:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_RESOLUTION_UNIT:liferay ddm/10285/TIFF_ORIGINAL_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/TikaMetadataKeys_RESOURCE_NAME_KEY:liferay ddm/10285/TikaMetadataKeys_PROTECTED:liferay ddm/10285/TikaMimeKeys_TIKA_MIME_FILE:liferay ddm/10285/TikaMimeKeys_MIME_TYPE_MAGIC:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_DURATION:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_ABS_PEAK_AUDIO_FILE_PATH:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_ALBUM:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_ALT_TAPE_NAME:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_ARTIST:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_MOD_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_SAMPLE_TYPE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_CHANNEL_TYPE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_AUDIO_COMPRESSOR:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_COMPOSER:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_COPYRIGHT:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_ENGINEER:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_FILE_DATA_RATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_GENRE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_INSTRUMENT:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_KEY:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_LOG_COMMENT:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_LOOP:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_NUMBER_OF_BEATS:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_METADATA_MOD_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_PULL_DOWN:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_RELATIVE_PEAK_AUDIO_FILE_PATH:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_RELEASE_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_SCALE_TYPE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_SCENE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_SHOT_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_SHOT_LOCATION:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_SHOT_NAME:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_SPEAKER_PLACEMENT:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_STRETCH_MODE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_TAPE_NAME:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_TEMPO:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_TIME_SIGNATURE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_TRACK_NUMBER:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_ALPHA_MODE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_ALPHA_UNITY_IS_TRANSPARENT:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_COLOR_SPACE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_COMPRESSOR:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_FIELD_ORDER:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_FRAME_RATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_MOD_DATE:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_PIXEL_DEPTH:liferay ddm/10285/XMPDM_VIDEO_PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO:liferay extension:liferay fileEntryTypeId:liferay path:liferay name:liferay parentOrganizationId:liferay)&amp;rows=5020&amp;start=0&amp;facet.field=assetTagNames&amp;facet.field=modified&amp;facet.field=assetCategoryNames&amp;facet.field=entryClassName&amp;facet=true&amp;facet.query=modified:[19700101000000 TO *]&amp;facet.limit=-1&amp;wt=javabin&amp;version=1
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:435)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:244)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:89)
	... 240 more
10:48:46,235 ERROR [IncludeTag:426] Current URL /web/guest/search?p_p_id=3&amp;p_p_lifecycle=0&amp;p_p_state=maximized&amp;p_p_mode=view&amp;_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch&amp;_3_format=&amp;_3_keywords=liferay&amp;_3_groupId=0&amp;_3_entryClassName=&amp;_3_modified=&amp;_3_modifiedselection=0&amp;_3_modifiedfrom=&amp;_3_modifiedto= generates exception: com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: Error executing query
10:48:46,235 ERROR [IncludeTag:154] com.liferay.portal.kernel.search.SearchException: Error executing query

Now what should I do for faceted search???
thumbnail

You're getting exceptions but are you getting results as well?
Because I got them too but otherwise the search seemed to be working fine!

No, I am afraid I am getting only exceptions not any results.
Moreover, after I index SOLR with Liferay then only my first search query fetches proper result on liferay UI but subsequent search queries throws these exceptions on Liferay's console.
thumbnail

@Rajarshi

Where did you get your plugin from? And are you using EE or CE?
I hope the version of solr-web plugin and liferay match perfectly?

Version incompatibility is a basic issue which can put you through hell.. (Been there, done that!)... So just want to make sure...

i found that plugin from liferay community download. its solr-web-6.1.0.1-ce-ga1. I am using liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.0-ce-ga1. I've tried integrating it to both solr 3.6.0 and solr 1.4.1 but niether are working.
thumbnail

Can you try with this as well?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Plugins/6.1.0%20GA1/solr-web-6.1.0.1-ce-ga1-20120106155615760.war/download

hi namrata,

plugin which i downloaded previously was from the same link given by you. I've again downloaded and tried but the same problem still persist. Is this has to do anything with cache???
thumbnail
Ramalingam G, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 10/08/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi Flor,

I have integrated Liferay 6.1 EE with Solr 1.4.1. Find below steps.

1. Download apache-solr-1.4.1.zip from http://apache.techartifact.com/mirror/lucene/solr/1.4.1

2. Unzip apache-solr-1.4.1.zip in your local drive D:\

3. Copy solr folder from D:\apache-solr-1.4.1\example and paste in D:\solr (this folder contains bin and conf; Assume this as SolrHome).

4. Update solr data path in D:\solr\conf\solrconfig.xml as mentioned below
<datadir>${solr.data.dir:D:\solr\data}</datadir>

5. Deploy solr.war (D:\apache-solr-1.4.1\example\webapp\solr.war) in Seperate Tomcat 6 server (Not Liferay). Assume Tomcat path D:\Tomcat6

6. Update SolrHome path in D:\Tomcat6\webapps\solr\WEB-INF\web.xml as mentioned below and restart Tomcat
    <env-entry>
       <env-entry-name>solr/home</env-entry-name>
       <env-entry-value>D:\solr</env-entry-value>
       <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    </env-entry>

7.Now navigate http://servername:port/slor/admin/ to ensure solr running

8. Download and deploy solr plugin from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lportal/solr-web-6.0.6.1.war

9. Update solr server URL in $LiferayHome\tomcat-7.0.25\webapps\solr-web\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\solr-spring.xml as mentioned below
<bean id="com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer" class="com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer">
		<constructor-arg type="java.lang.String" value="http://solrservername:port/solr" />
</bean>

10. Copy schema.xml from $LiferayHome\tomcat-7.0.25\webapps\solr-web\WEB-INF\conf\ to D:\solr\conf\ (replace schema.xml)

11. Now restart your slor Tomcat and Liferay

12. Reindex all search indexs through Liferay control panel --> server administration

Thanks,
Ram

Ramalingam G:
Hi Flor,

1. Download apache-solr-1.4.1.zip from http://apache.techartifact.com/mirror/lucene/solr/1.4.1

2. Unzip apache-solr-1.4.1.zip in your local drive D:\

3. Copy solr folder from D:\apache-solr-1.4.1\example and paste in D:\solr (this folder contains bin and conf; Assume this as SolrHome).

4. Update solr data path in D:\solr\conf\solrconfig.xml as mentioned below
<datadir>${solr.data.dir:D:\solr\data}</datadir>

5. Deploy solr.war (D:\apache-solr-1.4.1\example\webapp\solr.war) in Seperate Tomcat 6 server (Not Liferay). Assume Tomcat path D:\Tomcat6

6. Update SolrHome path in D:\Tomcat6\webapps\solr\WEB-INF\web.xml as mentioned below and restart Tomcat
    <env-entry>
       <env-entry-value>D:\solr</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

7.Now navigate http://servername:port/slor/admin/ to ensure solr running

8. Download and deploy solr plugin from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/lportal/solr-web-6.0.6.1.war

9. Update solr server URL in $LiferayHome\tomcat-7.0.25\webapps\solr-web\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\solr-spring.xml as mentioned below
<bean id="com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer" class="com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer">
		<constructor-arg type="java.lang.String" value="http://solrservername:port/solr" />
</bean>

10. Copy schema.xml from $LiferayHome\tomcat-7.0.25\webapps\solr-web\WEB-INF\conf\ to D:\solr\conf\ (replace schema.xml)

12. Reindex all search indexs through Liferay control panel --> server administration

Thanks,
Ram

hi ram................

first of all thanku very much for step i goot my liferay intergated with solr i have been try ing for the last four day ..............
but i have to ask you one thing that when i reindex from the server adminstration..
it show this result
05:08:19,580 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:81] Reindexing Lucene started
05:08:19,582 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.assetpublisher.util.AssetIndexer started
05:08:19,583 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.assetpublisher.util.AssetIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:19,583 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.OrganizationIndexer started
05:08:19,623 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.OrganizationIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:19,623 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.UserIndexer started
05:08:19,942 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.usersadmin.util.UserIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:19,943 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.journal.util.JournalIndexer started
05:08:20,329 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.journal.util.JournalIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,330 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBIndexer started
05:08:20,451 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,451 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.util.BookmarksIndexer started
05:08:20,693 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.bookmarks.util.BookmarksIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,694 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.blogs.util.BlogsIndexer started
05:08:20,737 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.blogs.util.BlogsIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,738 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.wiki.util.WikiIndexer started
05:08:20,780 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.wiki.util.WikiIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,781 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.calendar.util.CalIndexer started
05:08:20,819 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.calendar.util.CalIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,820 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.util.SCIndexer started
05:08:20,857 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.softwarecatalog.util.SCIndexer completed in 0 seconds
05:08:20,858 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:155] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLIndexer started
05:08:21,864 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:163] Reindexing with class com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLIndexer completed in 1 seconds
05:08:21,865 INFO [http-bio-8088-exec-2][LuceneIndexer:129] Reindexing Lucene completed in 2 seconds

in solr admin while it shows that it uses it has been it integrated

but actually where to look that i am using solr for my search..........
please help asap

regards
hemant kumar singh.
thumbnail
Florencia Gadea, modificado hace 11 años.

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work with Liferay 6.1 CE.

Regards,

Flor.

Hi Flor............

Actually it worked for me let paste the step i followed ..........................
Approach 2

1. Download apache-solr-1.4.1.zip from http://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/1.4.1/
2. Unzip apache-solr-1.4.1.zip in your local drive E:\

3. Copy solr folder from E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\apache-solr-1.4.1\example and paste in E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\solr (this folder contains bin and conf; Assume this as SolrHome).

4. Update solr data path in E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\solr\conf\solrconfig.xml as mentioned below 
<dataDir>${solr.data.dir:E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\solr\data}</dataDir>

5. Deploy solr.war (E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\apache-solr-1.4.1\example\webapps\solr.war) in Seperate Tomcat 6 server (Not Liferay). Assume Tomcat path E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\apache-tomcat-5.5.23

6. Update SolrHome path in E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\webapps\solr\WEB-INF\web.xml as mentioned below and restart Tomcat

<env-entry>
       <env-entry-value>E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\solr</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

7.Now navigate http://localhost:8080/slor/admin/ to ensure solr running

8. Download and deploy solr plugin from http://ftp.liferay.com/solr-web-6.1.1.1-ce-ga2-20120731132656558.war in E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\deploy

9. Update solr server URL in $E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\webapps\solr-web\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\solr-spring.xml as mentioned below 

</bean>

10. Copy schema.xml from $E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\webapps\solr-web\WEB-INF\confto E:\User\Hemant\Liferay\solr (replace schema.xml)

13.done follow exact step for solr integration with liferay .it is very important that the version of liferay and solr-web should much even though in future if liferay version change make sure that your liferay and solr-web are same.

the only problem i am facing is the while re-indexing it shows lucene is reindexing............................

Regards
Hemant Kumar Singh
thumbnail
Florencia Gadea, modificado hace 11 años.

Hi Hemant,

I was trying with Liferay 6.1.0 CE. I know it works now for 6.1.1.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Flor.

Florencia Gadea:
Hi Hemant,

I was trying with Liferay 6.1.0 CE. I know it works now for 6.1.1.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Flor.

Hi Flor

i think it might work

regards
Hemant
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes

Login to Solr Admin and see if the indexes are there are not.

Hitoshi Ozawa:

Login to Solr Admin and see if the indexes are there are not.

Hi Hitoshi

actually i have this it s inside http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/
and this is the response of search
<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">18</int>
<lst name="params">
<str name="indent">on</str>
<str name="start">0</str>
<str name="q">*:*</str>
<str name="rows">10</str>
<str name="version">2.2</str>
</lst>
</lst>
<result name="response" numFound="24" start="0">
<doc>
<arr name="artifactId">
<str>welcome-theme</str>
</arr>
<arr name="author">
<str>Liferay, Inc.</str>
</arr>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<str name="content">Liferay, Inc. Welcome Theme</str>
<arr name="entryClassName">
<str>com.liferay.portal.kernel.plugin.PluginPackage</str>
</arr>
<arr name="groupId">
<str>liferay</str>
</arr>
<arr name="installedVersion">
<str>6.1.1.1-ce-ga2</str>
</arr>
<arr name="license">
<str>LGPL</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121018082635</str>
</arr>
<arr name="moduleId">
<str>liferay/welcome-theme/6.1.1.1-ce-ga2/war</str>
</arr>
<arr name="osi-approved-license">
<str>true</str>
</arr>
<arr name="pageURL">
<str>http://www.liferay.com</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>PluginPackageIndexer</str>
</arr>
<arr name="repositoryURL">
<str>LOCAL_URL</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>sameVersionInstalled</str>
</arr>
<str name="title">Welcome Theme</str>
<arr name="title_sortable">
<str>Welcome Theme</str>
</arr>
<arr name="type">
<str>theme</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">
PluginPackageIndexer_PORTLET_liferay/welcome-theme/6.1.1.1-ce-ga2/war
</str>
<str name="version">6.1.1.1-ce-ga2</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<arr name="emailAddress">
<str>test@liferay.com</str>
</arr>
<str>com.liferay.portal.model.User</str>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10196</str>
<str name="firstName">Test</str>
<arr name="firstName_sortable">
<str>Test</str>
</arr>
<str name="firstName_string">Test</str>
<arr name="fullName">
<str>Test Test</str>
</arr>
<arr name="groupIds">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<str name="lastName">Test</str>
<arr name="lastName_sortable">
<str>Test</str>
</arr>
<str name="lastName_string">Test</str>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121016090720</str>
</arr>
<arr name="organizationCount">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>125</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleIds">
<str>10161</str>
<str>10164</str>
<str>10165</str>
</arr>
<arr name="screenName">
<str>test</str>
</arr>
<arr name="screenName_sortable">
<str>test</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">125_PORTLET_10196</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10196</str>
</arr>
<str name="userName">Test Test</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str>piyush@gmail.com</str>
</arr>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10751</str>
<str name="firstName">piyush</str>
<str>piyush</str>
</arr>
<str name="firstName_string">piyush</str>
<arr name="fullName">
<str>piyush</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121016055405</str>
</arr>
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>125</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleIds">
<str>10164</str>
<str>10165</str>
</arr>
<arr name="screenName">
<str>piyush</str>
</arr>
<str>piyush</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>5</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">125_PORTLET_10751</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10751</str>
</arr>
<str name="userName">piyush</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str>hemant2712@gmail.com</str>
</arr>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10760</str>
<str name="firstName">Hemant</str>
<str>Hemant</str>
</arr>
<str name="firstName_string">Hemant</str>
<arr name="fullName">
<str>Hemant Kumar Singh</str>
</arr>
<str name="lastName">Singh</str>
<str>Singh</str>
</arr>
<str name="lastName_string">Singh</str>
<arr name="middleName">
<str>Kumar</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121016055531</str>
</arr>
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>125</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleIds">
<str>10164</str>
<str>10165</str>
</arr>
<arr name="screenName">
<str>hemant</str>
</arr>
<str>hemant</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>5</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">125_PORTLET_10760</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10760</str>
</arr>
<str name="userName">Hemant Kumar Singh</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str>armersh@gmail.com</str>
</arr>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">11007</str>
<str name="firstName">Amresh</str>
<str>Amresh</str>
</arr>
<str name="firstName_string">Amresh</str>
<arr name="fullName">
<str>Amresh Kumar</str>
</arr>
<arr name="jobTitle">
<str>software engineer</str>
</arr>
<arr name="jobTitle_sortable">
<str>software engineer</str>
</arr>
<arr name="middleName">
<str>Kumar</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121018072856</str>
</arr>
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>125</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleIds">
<str>10164</str>
<str>10165</str>
</arr>
<arr name="screenName">
<str>amresh</str>
</arr>
<str>amresh</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>5</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">125_PORTLET_11007</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>11007</str>
</arr>
<str name="userName">Amresh Kumar</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str>amresh@liferay.com</str>
</arr>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">11101</str>
<str name="firstName">Amresh</str>
<str>Amresh</str>
</arr>
<str name="firstName_string">Amresh</str>
<arr name="fullName">
<str>Amresh Kumar</str>
</arr>
<str name="lastName">Kumar</str>
<str>Kumar</str>
</arr>
<str name="lastName_string">Kumar</str>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121018083627</str>
</arr>
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>125</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleIds">
<str>10164</str>
<str>10165</str>
</arr>
<arr name="screenName">
<str>ammresh</str>
</arr>
<str>ammresh</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">125_PORTLET_11101</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>11101</str>
</arr>
<str name="userName">Amresh Kumar</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="articleId">
<str>WHO-IS-USING-LIFERAY</str>
</arr>
<arr name="classNameId">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="classPK">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str name="content">
Liferay helps you build feature-rich, easy-to-use web applications quickly. Here are some of our customers from around the globe: Rolex Bugaboo Deluxe Corporation Domino's Pizza BASF Honda GE Capital Sesame Street China Mobile York University
</str>
<arr name="content_en_US">
<str>
Liferay helps you build feature-rich, easy-to-use web applications quickly. Here are some of our customers from around the globe: Rolex Bugaboo Deluxe Corporation Domino's Pizza BASF Honda GE Capital Sesame Street China Mobile York University
</str>
</arr>
<arr name="createDate">
<str>20121016055037</str>
</arr>
<arr name="displayDate">
<str>20100201000000</str>
</arr>
<str>com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle</str>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10675</str>
<arr name="groupId">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121016055038</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>15</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10162</str>
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<arr name="rootEntryClassPK">
<str>10675</str>
</arr>
<arr name="scopeGroupId">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<arr name="stagingGroup">
<str>false</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<str name="title">Who Is Using Liferay</str>
<arr name="title_en_US">
<str>Who Is Using Liferay</str>
</arr>
<arr name="type">
<str>general</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">15_PORTLET_10180_FIELD_WHO-IS-USING-LIFERAY</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10158</str>
</arr>
<str name="version">1.0</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="articleId">
<str>LIFERAY-BENEFITS</str>
</arr>
<arr name="classNameId">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="classPK">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str name="content">
See how Liferay can change the way you do business. Open Source: A Better Way //www.liferay.com/open?wh=9 Ready to Go //www.liferay.com/ready?wh=10 Ready to Grow //www.liferay.com/grow?wh=11 Approved by IT //www.liferay.com/approved?wh=12 Open for Business //www.liferay.com/subscription?wh=13
</str>
<str>
See how Liferay can change the way you do business. Open Source: A Better Way //www.liferay.com/open?wh=9 Ready to Go //www.liferay.com/ready?wh=10 Ready to Grow //www.liferay.com/grow?wh=11 Approved by IT //www.liferay.com/approved?wh=12 Open for Business //www.liferay.com/subscription?wh=13
</str>
</arr>
<arr name="createDate">
</arr>
<arr name="displayDate">
</arr>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10692</str>
<arr name="groupId">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>15</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10162</str>
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<str>10692</str>
</arr>
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<str>false</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="structureId">
<str>10686</str>
</arr>
<arr name="templateId">
<str>10688</str>
</arr>
<str name="title">Liferay Benefits</str>
<arr name="title_en_US">
<str>Liferay Benefits</str>
</arr>
<arr name="type">
<str>general</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">15_PORTLET_10180_FIELD_LIFERAY-BENEFITS</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10158</str>
</arr>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="articleId">
<str>WHAT-WE-DO</str>
</arr>
<arr name="classNameId">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="classPK">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<str name="content">
Liferay helps you build feature-rich, easy-to-use web applications quickly. A Foundation for Apps //www.liferay.com/platform?wh=1 Dynamic Websites //www.liferay.com/wem?wh=2 Centralized Document Management //www.liferay.com/dm?wh=3 Intuitive Team Collaboration //www.liferay.com/team?wh=4 Tools for Business //www.liferay.com/productivity?wh=5 Desktop & Mobile Access //www.liferay.com/sync?wh=6 Liferay Marketplace //www.liferay.com/marketplace?wh=7
</str>
<str>
Liferay helps you build feature-rich, easy-to-use web applications quickly. A Foundation for Apps //www.liferay.com/platform?wh=1 Dynamic Websites //www.liferay.com/wem?wh=2 Centralized Document Management //www.liferay.com/dm?wh=3 Intuitive Team Collaboration //www.liferay.com/team?wh=4 Tools for Business //www.liferay.com/productivity?wh=5 Desktop & Mobile Access //www.liferay.com/sync?wh=6 Liferay Marketplace //www.liferay.com/marketplace?wh=7
</str>
</arr>
<arr name="createDate">
<str>20121016055039</str>
</arr>
<arr name="displayDate">
</arr>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10700</str>
<arr name="groupId">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121016055039</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>15</str>
</arr>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10162</str>
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<str>10700</str>
</arr>
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<str>false</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="structureId">
<str>10686</str>
</arr>
<arr name="templateId">
<str>10688</str>
</arr>
<str name="title">What We Do</str>
<arr name="title_en_US">
<str>What We Do</str>
</arr>
<arr name="type">
<str>general</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">15_PORTLET_10180_FIELD_WHAT-WE-DO</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10158</str>
</arr>
</doc>
<doc>
<arr name="companyId">
<str>10154</str>
</arr>
<arr name="dataRepositoryId">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<arr name="ddm/10308/HttpHeaders_CONTENT_TYPE">
<str>image/jpeg</str>
</arr>
<arr name="ddm/10308/TIFF_BITS_PER_SAMPLE">
<str>8</str>
</arr>
<arr name="ddm/10308/TIFF_IMAGE_LENGTH">
<str>303</str>
</arr>
<arr name="ddm/10308/TIFF_IMAGE_WIDTH">
<str>460</str>
</arr>
<str>
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.model.DLFileEntry
</str>
</arr>
<str name="entryClassPK">10514</str>
<arr name="extension">
<str>jpg</str>
</arr>
<arr name="fileEntryTypeId">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="folderId">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<arr name="groupId">
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<arr name="modified">
<str>20121016055032</str>
</arr>
<arr name="path">
<str>welcome_bg_3.jpg</str>
</arr>
<arr name="portletId">
<str>20</str>
</arr>
<str name="properties">welcome_bg_3</str>
<arr name="roleId">
<str>10162</str>
<str>10163</str>
</arr>
<str>10180</str>
</arr>
<str>false</str>
</arr>
<arr name="status">
<str>0</str>
</arr>
<str name="title">welcome_bg_3.jpg</str>
<arr name="title_sortable">
<str>welcome_bg_3.jpg</str>
</arr>
<str name="uid">20_PORTLET_10514</str>
<arr name="userId">
<str>10158</str>
</arr>
</doc>
</result>
</response>

hi Hitoshi

when i reindex in my server admin
it say lucene has started
how to make that as solr reindexing

Regards
Hemant Kumar Singh
thumbnail
Ranga Rao Bobbili, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 152 Fecha de incorporación: 20/07/07 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Ram, successfully resolved my solr integration using your steps.

Best Regards,
Ranga Rao B
Adaequare INC
thumbnail
Manish Kumar, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 93 Fecha de incorporación: 2/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hello Ranga Rao Bobbili,
which liferay version you were working with? Is that Liferay CE or EE?

Thanks,
Manish Kumar
thumbnail
Ranga Rao Bobbili, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 152 Fecha de incorporación: 20/07/07 Mensajes recientes
Manish Kumar:
Hello Ranga Rao Bobbili,
which liferay version you were working with? Is that Liferay CE or EE?

Thanks,
Manish Kumar

Hi Manish Kumar,

I integrated SOLR1.4 with Liferay CE 6.1.1 GA2 because liferay solr-web.war is compatible with SOLR1.4.

Thanks,
Ranga Rao Bobbili
Adaequare INC
mukund S, modificado hace 11 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 26 Fecha de incorporación: 25/10/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi vitor,
I am trying to integrate solr3.6 wiht liferay 6.1........
could you please help me and tell me the procedure?
Mahesh Narke, modificado hace 10 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 105 Fecha de incorporación: 11/10/13 Mensajes recientes
I changed the log setting to debug mode..
i am getting following values when i tried to refresh user and organization.
Does it means solr is not integrated with liferay?

16:02:52,147 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-6][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:301] Search found 2 results in 0.001ms
16:02:53,421 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:91] Query +(+((+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.Organization) -(organizationId:0) +(parentOrganizationId:0))))
16:02:53,422 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][IndexAccessorImpl:137] Lucene store type file
16:02:53,428 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:301] Search found 0 results in 0.001ms
16:02:53,433 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:91] Query +(+((+(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User) +(status:0) +(organizationCount:0))))
16:02:53,437 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][IndexAccessorImpl:137] Lucene store type file
16:02:53,443 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:636] 2.0 = (MATCH) sum of:
0.0 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User in 3), product of:
1.0 = tf(termFreq(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User)=1)
1.0 = idf(docFreq=2, maxDocs=20)
0.0 = fieldNorm(field=entryClassName, doc=3)
1.0 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(status:0 in 3), product of:
1.0 = tf(termFreq(status:0)=1)
1.0 = idf(docFreq=20, maxDocs=20)
1.0 = fieldNorm(field=status, doc=3)
1.0 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(organizationCount:0 in 3), product of:
1.0 = tf(termFreq(organizationCount:0)=1)
1.0 = fieldNorm(field=organizationCount, doc=3)

16:02:53,444 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:636] 2.0 = (MATCH) sum of:
0.0 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User in 0), product of:
1.0 = tf(termFreq(entryClassName:com.liferay.portal.model.User)=1)
0.0 = fieldNorm(field=entryClassName, doc=0)
1.0 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(status:0 in 0), product of:
1.0 = tf(termFreq(status:0)=1)
1.0 = idf(docFreq=20, maxDocs=20)
1.0 = fieldNorm(field=status, doc=0)
1.0 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(organizationCount:0 in 0), product of:
1.0 = tf(termFreq(organizationCount:0)=1)
1.0 = fieldNorm(field=organizationCount, doc=0)

16:02:53,445 DEBUG [http-bio-8080-exec-7][LuceneIndexSearcherImpl:301] Search found 2 results in 0.002ms
thumbnail
Armand Ballaci, modificado hace 9 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 14/12/12 Mensajes recientes
Just recently I was faced with the same problem. Strangely enough the 6.1 web plugin compatible with solr 3.5 at version 1.2 is not working properly.

That said I integrated liferay 6.1.30 EE GA3 SP3 with the latest version of solr 4.10.2.

Here I explain brifely the steps:

1. replace solr libs in the web plugin with the latest solr-core-4.10.2.jar and solr-solrj-4.10.2.jar
2. get both solr-web projects from http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public the 6.1 branch and the master
3. change the dependencies of the httpClient to the 4.3.1 and add the rest of the transitive dependencies as httpcore httpmime ecc
4. get the httpClient related code from the master project 6.2
5. modify solr-spring.xml to fit your needs.
6. build the project you have created in the webs of you plugins sdk
7. use the schema that comes from the 6.2 web-plugin with the following change
add:
<field indexed="true" name="userId" omitNorms="false" stored="true" type="string" />

solr-spring.xml - is configured for a replicated solr instance on a separate app server.
the war is the compiled working result
just drop the schema in your solr core conf folder

enjoy!

"Make /opt/solr/example/solr as a $SOLR_HOME."
could you plese tell me what does this line means..
do we need to follow same steps in windows....

could somebody help me ..........please
rlp asap

regards
hemant kumar singh
Ediz Bozüyük, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 15/08/11 Mensajes recientes
For Windows you have to make an environment variable "SOLR_HOME". As value you write e.g. "D:\apache-solr-1.4.1\example\solr" without "" ;)

Is it possible now to use Solr 3.6.1 ? If its not, no problem, i'll use 1.4.1 ...BUT one more question: is it possible to use Liferay+Solr AND Nutch? because we also want to crawl external sites for our intranet and let Solr also index them. Could this be achived by mapping the proper fields from the nutch schema to solr schema?