Foros de discusión

Deleting deactivated users

thumbnail
Joshua Messina, modificado hace 11 años.

Deleting deactivated users

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 13/04/12 Mensajes recientes
I made some mistakes when I created several users, and so I deactivated them. However, when I went to search for the deactivated users so that I could delete them, they did not show up, and it won't let me recreate them because it says the usernames already exist. How do I completely delete users in liferay 6.1???
thumbnail
Shinn Lok, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Deleting deactivated users (Respuesta)

Junior Member Mensajes: 89 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/11 Mensajes recientes
When searching for the deactivated users, are you using the advanced search -> status: inactive?
thumbnail
Joshua Messina, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Deleting deactivated users

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 13/04/12 Mensajes recientes
No, I did not. Guess I missed that part. Thanks.
thumbnail
Suresh Nimmakayala, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 690 Fecha de incorporación: 18/08/04 Mensajes recientes
Hi Joshua,
Did you picked Staus as inactive ? when you use advanced search for users
Rob Hall, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 47 Fecha de incorporación: 30/11/11 Mensajes recientes
Joshua Messina:
I made some mistakes when I created several users, and so I deactivated them. However, when I went to search for the deactivated users so that I could delete them, they did not show up, and it won't let me recreate them because it says the usernames already exist. How do I completely delete users in liferay 6.1???

I am having this same problem with Liferay EE 6.1 GA2. I deactivated a number of test user accounts, but they are still in the database. Does Liferay have a means to delete deactivated users---we need to be able to reuse user names for actual accounts.
karthik reddy, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 8/04/13 Mensajes recientes
Go to--->Control Panel--->Users and Organizations--->Search All Users--->Make status as Inactive--->Search--->Select the users and delete it
tutti frutti, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 17 Fecha de incorporación: 3/03/10 Mensajes recientes
We have the same problem (using Liferay CE 6.1 GA2)
We want to delete effectively user after deactivating. We see wel the deactivated user but no "delete" button appears, only "Activate" button appears !!
Thanks
karthik reddy, modificado hace 10 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 60 Fecha de incorporación: 8/04/13 Mensajes recientes
tutti frutti:
We have the same problem (using Liferay CE 6.1 GA2)
We want to delete effectively user after deactivating. We see wel the deactivated user but no "delete" button appears, only "Activate" button appears !!
Thanks

Select show as Inactive(In right corner of the screen).You can see the users list(Deactivated Users List).Just select and delete otherwise click on Actions button you can see delete option here also