Foros de discusión

Message Board Admin Permission

Yan Naing Oo, modificado hace 11 años.

Message Board Admin Permission

Regular Member Mensajes: 179 Fecha de incorporación: 17/02/11 Mensajes recientes
HI all,

I have 10 administrators in my LR portal who has access,delete,update all.
how do I set 3 from admin to set the Message Board Moderators the rest of 7 admins should be as same as normal users roles.
how could it be possible to configure it ?

else

how to check permission ("Administrators") then remove - Add Category / Permission / Post New Thread / and Action button as same as normal user

thanks
thumbnail
Anil T, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Message Board Admin Permission

Expert Mensajes: 313 Fecha de incorporación: 14/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Yan,

I think we don't have permissions to redefine permissions for administrator.So we can't give 7 administrators as normal users for message boards only. Instead of this we can create a new role and assign 7members and define permissions as you like administrator except message boards permissions .And add another 3members to administrator role.
Yan Naing Oo, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Message Board Admin Permission

Regular Member Mensajes: 179 Fecha de incorporación: 17/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Anil T:
Hi Yan,

I think we don't have permissions to redefine permissions for administrator.So we can't give 7 administrators as normal users for message boards only. Instead of this we can create a new role and assign 7members and define permissions as you like administrator except message boards permissions .And add another 3members to administrator role.

Yes I agree that liferay does not have for MB portlet special permission and role for specific. so that
1. I create 1 new Roles name as "mb moderator"
2. define permission this new role to set all MB permission.
3. assign to my 3 of out of 10 Administrators set to "mb moderator" role.
4. edit into some jsp file in message board portlet folder in liferay. (such as if("role is mb moderator") then show edit/delete else view etc..
5. display as only 3 moderator that can be get fully permission for MB the rest 7 administrator and users are just the view only.

it is work fine.