Foros de discusión

message board 6.0.6 GA search not working

Yan Naing Oo, modificado hace 11 años.

message board 6.0.6 GA search not working

Regular Member Mensajes: 179 Fecha de incorporación: 17/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi all,

did you experience that search never come out the results at all. it is the liferay bugs? In LR version 6.0.6 CE.

thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: message board 6.0.6 GA search not working

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Where are you trying to do a search and in what condition?

I'm able to do a search, but liferay OOTB doesn't return too good of a search result as you've probably found by trying to search this forum. :-)

Regular Member Mensajes: 179 Fecha de incorporación: 17/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Where are you trying to do a search and in what condition?

I'm able to do a search, but liferay OOTB doesn't return too good of a search result as you've probably found by trying to search this forum. :-)

I have created message board and try to search categories and threads that i created on. but here is my setting below portal-ext

index.on.startup=false
index.read.only=true
index.with.thread=true
users.search.with.index=false

com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.util.MBOpenSearchImpl=false

some setting needed ?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I don't think I've set any properties to do a search on message board. I'll double check. Have to go shopping now that the rain let up. :-)
thumbnail

It started raining again.

Just checked. Didn't specify anything in portal-ext.properties excep database connection.
Was able to search message posted to the board without any problem.

Check if there isn't any error message in console or in log file.

In portal-ext,

previously I turn it off for that and it will not indexing and could not find anyhow.
# true is lucene turn off.
index.read.only=true

MB search is working but it must need to turn on(index.read.only=false) for lucene indexing, the liferay default is turn on automatically , no setting have been done means auto turn on.

Lucene turn on all the time is any side affect , let say very slowing down the portal something like that ?
thumbnail

true is lucene turn off.
index.read.only=true

Shouldn't turn set this property to true unless you're in a HA environment with one server doing all the update while the other is just a slave.

Lucene actually increase performance by providing indexing service outside of the database. Ideally, it's even better to use external indexing server.

thank for your info emoticon