Foros de discusión

Import/Export of Portal Settings

thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modificado hace 12 años.

Import/Export of Portal Settings

Regular Member Mensajes: 158 Fecha de incorporación: 27/05/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello Everyone,

I have raised a new issue LPS-26599 which will add new feature Liferay Portal where we can import and export the Liferay Portal settings rather PortalPreferences. This will enable the admins to back up the PortalPreferences in SCM like SVN or Git.

Let me know all your thoughts and if you feel its worthy can you please vote it ?

Thank you.

Kamesh
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Import/Export of Portal Settings

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
That would be a nice feature to have especially during setup and testing. Have a "Reset" button and export/import would really help.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
Hi Kamesh,

Agreed, this is a nice feature. Thanks for suggesting it.

Do you want to give it a try and implement it? You would just need to implement a data handler for the preferences and attach it to the portlet of the control panel
thumbnail
Kamesh Sampath, modificado hace 11 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 158 Fecha de incorporación: 27/05/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Jorge,

Why not ? I could definitely give a try, as mentioned by you I need to implement the DataHandler, is it possible for us to have small chat around this which will help me to implement this feature. I would be happy to discuss this and implement it, I have made few contributions to IDE but I want to make one for Portal emoticon and I feel this is the right chance.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2871 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/06 Mensajes recientes
I would prefer if we can discuss it in the forums, since that way other people can also participate. What are your suggestions/doubts/questions?
thumbnail

sure will disucss over the forum,
i shall implement the first draft version and send you a pull request, please let me know your git user id before i shall do it can you please let me know how to attach the DataHandler with portlet, any e.g. will be helpful
thumbnail

Sure, my GitHub id is JorgeFerrer. Remember to follow the Development Guidelines
thumbnail

I would prefer us having further discussions on the issue to JIRA page of LPS-26599 as that would allow the watchers of the issue to get the comments emoticon
thumbnail

Sure, I just became a watcher as well.