Foros de discusión

Setting Portlet Permission from Background

thumbnail
Hir O, modificado hace 11 años.

Setting Portlet Permission from Background

Junior Member Mensajes: 30 Fecha de incorporación: 14/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I have around 300-400 portlets developed in an application and I want to set role based permissions( <portlet>->Configuration->Permissions) on them. Doing this one - by - one won't do. I observed that the changes we make in permission are being saved at "resourcepermission" table.

If there any way to do this from background? Are there any web services provided for this? I was looking into a web service named "Portal_ResourcePermissionService" and trying to execute "addResourcePermission", but I guess I was providing false parameters. Any how I am not sure if that is a correct way to do this of not.

Please help me with the issue.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Setting Portlet Permission from Background

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Never ever modify Liferay tables directly. It is a sure way to break your portal in ways that may not be immediately apparent.

Only use approved Liferay APIs for massaging the data. The good news is that there is the ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil that may have the API entry points you're looking for.
thumbnail

Thanks David,

Event I wasn't planning for direct database entries. I was just mentioning what I observed, What I needed was a (web) service or any API that can serve the purpose.

So I will check for the ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil but I am still confused about few parameters like scope, primKey and actionId

And will I have to write my service parallel to liferay services for this or there is any web service available in Liferay serving the purpose?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
If you haven't deployed your portlets yet, why don't you just define default permissions unless you want to set permissions separately for each instance of a portlet.

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/security-and-permissio-4
thumbnail

Thanks Hitoshi,

I was checking for service, and now I am almost done with that. Can you please tell me what is the "name" field in the "resourcepermission" table?

I tried giving portletId of portlet table but its not working.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Can you please tell me what is the "name" field in the "resourcepermission" table?

Try using class.getName()
thumbnail

In my service, I have created some functions for my custom actions, and I am directly using ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil class without any other changes or anything, I hope the error isn't because of this.

The error log is

03:10:00,913 ERROR [RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceSoap:81] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: TestPlugin_WAR_TestPluginportlet#7
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: TestPlugin_WAR_TestPluginportlet#7
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ResourceActionLocalServiceImpl.getResourceAction(ResourceActionLocalServiceImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor149.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:86)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:58)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:58)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
        at $Proxy67.getResourceAction(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ResourcePermissionLocalServiceImpl.doUpdateResourcePermission(ResourcePermissionLocalServiceImpl.java:400)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ResourcePermissionLocalServiceImpl.updateResourcePermission(ResourcePermissionLocalServiceImpl.java:439)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ResourcePermissionLocalServiceImpl.addResourcePermission(ResourcePermissionLocalServiceImpl.java:76)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:86)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
        at $Proxy69.addResourcePermission(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil.addResourcePermission(ResourcePermissionLocalServiceUtil.java:239)
        at com.liferay.test.service.impl.RoleBasedPermissionManagerLocalServiceImpl.assignRoleBasedPermission(RoleBasedPermissionManagerLocalServiceImpl.java:43)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:110)
        at com.liferay.portal.dao.jdbc.aop.DynamicDataSourceTransactionInterceptor.invoke(DynamicDataSourceTransactionInterceptor.java:44)
        at $Proxy275.assignRoleBasedPermission(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.test.service.RoleBasedPermissionManagerLocalServiceUtil.assignRoleBasedPermission(RoleBasedPermissionManagerLocalServiceUtil.java:45)
        at com.liferay.test.service.impl.RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceImpl.assignRoleBasedPermission(RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceImpl.java:43)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:110)
        at com.liferay.portal.dao.jdbc.aop.DynamicDataSourceTransactionInterceptor.invoke(DynamicDataSourceTransactionInterceptor.java:44)
        at $Proxy276.assignRoleBasedPermission(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.test.service.RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceUtil.assignRoleBasedPermission(RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceUtil.java:45)
        at com.liferay.test.service.http.RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceSoap.assignRoleBasedPermission(RoleBasedPermissionManagerServiceSoap.java:75)
        at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
        at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
        at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
        at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
        at com.liferay.util.axis.AxisServlet.service(AxisServlet.java:119)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.AxisServlet.service(AxisServlet.java:106)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderServlet.service(PortalClassLoaderServlet.java:95)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:54)
        at $Proxy282.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:196)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:182)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:123)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter.doFilter(PortalClassLoaderFilter.java:62)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:54)
        at $Proxy282.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:196)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocal.ThreadLocalFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalFilter.java:52)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:123)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter.doFilter(PortalClassLoaderFilter.java:62)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
NoSuchResourceActionException is what it is. You're trying to add a permission w/ a non-existent action.
thumbnail

Thanks David and Hitoshi emoticon emoticon