Foros de discusión

Can someone give me an example portlet with a config page?

Bobby Hopkins, modificado hace 12 años.

Can someone give me an example portlet with a config page?

New Member Mensajes: 10 Fecha de incorporación: 22/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

Can someone give me an example portlet with a configuration page for Liferay 6.1 please? I followed some guides already but I can't get it to work.

Thanks a lot.
Venkat Koppavolu, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Can someone give me an example portlet with a config page?

Junior Member Mensajes: 85 Fecha de incorporación: 26/07/10 Mensajes recientes
Check out the Flash port-let which implements configuration action

1. Go to URL - http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/official-plugins
2. Download Flash plug-in portlet

Thanks,
Venkat
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Bobby Hopkins:
Hi,

Can someone give me an example portlet with a configuration page for Liferay 6.1 please? I followed some guides already but I can't get it to work.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, it's called "liferay source code", and it's available from the download page.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
There's nothing special about configuration pages. The wiki pages should provide enough information. What kind of problems are you having?

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, but I am not sure where to place the files exactly. I mean, in the portlet folders in the ROOT folder, there are only 3 files for a portlet i found which has a config page, "configuration.jsp", "view.jsp", "edit.jsp". The wiki is telling me to edit other files even though I don't see them in the final product.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14914 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Hmm, basic google search yields:

The list goes on...
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2416 Fecha de incorporación: 22/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Hey Bobby,

If you're not already doing so, I would suggest downloading the Liferay IDE or installing the plugins for eclipse. They make it much easier to get the structure of a project in place. Once you have that up and running you should check out the SAMPLE porlets that Liferay provides. They're available in the SVN. They cover a lot of different topics. If you've never worked with portlets before then be prepared to commit some time -- it's not a concept you're going to pick up in a couple of hours and be an expert at.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Agree with Andrew. I'm using Liferay IDE too.

When creating a project, I only have to check in the "Create custom portlet class" -> "Next" button -> "Next" button 0> Check "Config" in the "Liferay Portlet Modes" . Necessary files and settings are all done for you!

Thank you for the reply. How would I do this in Eclipse with Liferay 6.0.5? My current project is based on 6.0.5 so I can't download the new Liferay IDE as it is for Tomcat 7.0 and Liferay 6.1
thumbnail
Harish Kumar, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 483 Fecha de incorporación: 31/07/10 Mensajes recientes
check out http://liferayzone.wordpress.com/2011/05/07/adding-portlet-preferences-to-custom-portlet/
thumbnail

Thank you for the reply. How would I do this in Eclipse with Liferay 6.0.5? My current project is based on 6.0.5 so I can't download the new Liferay IDE as it is for Tomcat 7.0 and Liferay 6.1

Where did you get that information. There latest release "supports" the latest release of Liferay but it's also possible to set it up for past version by just selecting the older version files. I'm doing it because my users are still using the older versions.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 2416 Fecha de incorporación: 22/12/10 Mensajes recientes
I'm using the IDE and we're on 6.0 SP1 EE. You just need to configure multiple runtime environments and sdks in eclipse.