Foros de discusión

Problem registering users in an open organization's site (LIFERAY 6.1 CE)

Javier Para, modificado hace 12 años.

Problem registering users in an open organization's site (LIFERAY 6.1 CE)

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 16/03/11 Mensajes recientes
I'm having some kind of problem when registering users from the user registration form of an organization site:

* I create an organization
* I attach a site to this organization based on the intranet (or community) site template coming with the vanilla liferay installation
* I configure this site to be open and assign the virtual hosts (DNS entries created for resolving our server) mapping site's friendly URL
* I go through the virtual host domain name in a browser and succesfully complete the registration process for a new user account on the organization's site (no email confirmation required), recaptcha enabled, which returns a password to be changed
* I log in with this new account normally

Everything as expected, but when exploring the control panel:

* I log in with and admin user and the new user doesn't appear under any organization or without it
* I search for the account as an active or inactive user; only when "any status" is selected the new user is listed, and of course without an associated organization

What's happening? There must be an obvious step or configuration I'm missing. We need to have several organizations and permit users to register in either one, so to have them automatically classified by organizations. Is it possible?? Same process done simply considering a site (no organization): the user is listed as active, but not being member of the newly created site.

Thanks for helping a newcomer...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Problem registering users in an open organization's site (LIFERAY 6.1 C

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Try going to the server control panel and reindex all search indexes. The user might be in the database correctly but hasn't been indexed properly.
Javier Para, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 4 Fecha de incorporación: 16/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Thank you for your quick help, David.

Reindexed as you said, there was a change: the user now lists under the active users category, but once again not belonging to the organization whose site was accesesd for the registration. However there's no problem loging in using this new account in that site.

This raises a new question: how can it be that not belonging to the organization the user can log in its site??

Thanks again...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Well, organizations are different in that users cannot become members of an org, they have to be assigned to an org. Being able to see the site could be a result of your "making the site open" (your quote, not sure how you did that, but if it was a matter of giving public (guest) permissions, that would explain being able to see it).