Foros de discusión

Extracting Liferay content via MySQL

Guenter Baumgart, modificado hace 12 años.

Extracting Liferay content via MySQL

Regular Member Mensajes: 119 Fecha de incorporación: 27/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi,
we'd like to extract journal articles and a few others over MySQL. The procedure it self is easy but as there are updates by cache or cluster, I am wondering how to schedule it properly. Is there something I can intercept or ask about status of the synchronization ?

Thanks,
g
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Extracting Liferay content via MySQL

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
You should use Liferay's API or Web Service interface to extract them instead of directly from MySQL.
Guenter Baumgart, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 119 Fecha de incorporación: 27/01/12 Mensajes recientes
Funny, I guessed already you will say that :-)

Unfortunately we'd prefer our existing methods of using XQuery over remote MySQL. It saves us from additional work and we can process the data directly into our format.

Does the JournalArticleLocalServiceUtil class guarantees data integrity at the time of the download ? We're not sure what happens when using multiple Liferay instances.

Thanks,
g
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
By "multiple instances", I'm going to assume that you mean Liferay in a cluster instead of multi-tenancy.

I haven't checked the codes but from Liferay's documents, Liferay's services are suppose to support integrity when ehcache is setup properly.