Foros de discusión

Portal Infrastructure

Jonathan Yanes, modificado hace 16 años.

Portal Infrastructure

New Member Mensaje: 1 Fecha de incorporación: 31/08/07 Mensajes recientes
I was trying to get some direction and was wondering if you guys could help. Currently our portal has a portlet called "Dealer Accounts Summary". This portlet displays a summary of charges and allows the user to click on a link within the portlet to be taken to the actual application "Dealer Accounts" which shows greater detail. Currently the portal is only accessible internally. We would like to expose our portal externally but have the following problem:

Say we expose http://my.badcock.com/portal to the outside. When the user clicks on the link within the portlet they will get a "page not found" error when trying to reach our "Dealer Accounts" application. Of course we can not cut a hole in our firewall and open every port for every application that we wish to reach from the portal.

So the question is how do most people handle this issue?

I tried an iFrame and also creating a "embeded" page, however when i run Microsoft's Fiddler which is an HTTP request recorded, i can see that when the internal application is clicked, a request is still being made to the internal application. This will not work because that internal application will not be open to the external public. So my thoughts that an iFrame or the "embeded" where tunneling network traffic through the externally exposed portal was wrong. It seems to only be a redirect.

What do you guys think?