Foros de discusión

Resolved-Liferay as Windows Service issue

uwe lynen, modificado hace 15 años.

Resolved-Liferay as Windows Service issue

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 4/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Tanuki Software's cummunity wrapper works! Takes a bit of work to set it up.

Everything works fine whe I start Liferay/Tomcat from the command line with startup.
I am connected to the Mysql database and that is working fine when I start Liferay with "Startup"
I followed the instructions from the Wiki "Starting Liferay as a Windows Service" except I used tomcat 6w instead of 5w.

With the service started I don't get the Tomcat icon in the taskbar and when I attempt to use http://localhost:8080 in IE there is a long delay. Finally IE comes up with the message that it cannot display the web page and the following is in the address:
http://localhost:8080/c;jsessionid=0126CA2E1AB1600A14FFD910612DBF93

HELP
Uwe
Erik Gustav Mellegård, modificado hace 15 años.

RE: Liferay as Windows Service issue

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/08 Mensajes recientes
I have run into the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?
/Erik

NO I HAVE NOT.
I've uninstalled the package and reinstalled the Liferay/Tomcat6 Bundle but I still get the same result. I followed the instructions in the WIKI 'Starting Liferay as a Windows Service'. Following is the Catalina Log and then the StdOut log:

Catalina Log

3-Oct-2008 7:12:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.12.
3-Oct-2008 7:12:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: APR capabilities: IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].
3-Oct-2008 7:12:19 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80
3-Oct-2008 7:12:19 AM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
3-Oct-2008 7:12:19 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 1227 ms
3-Oct-2008 7:12:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
3-Oct-2008 7:12:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
3-Oct-2008 7:12:21 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
3-Oct-2008 7:12:21 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.servlet.PortalSessionListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletSessionListenerManager" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.SerializableSessionAttributeListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.servlet.SharedSessionAttributeListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
INFO: The listener "com.sun.portal.container.service.ServiceManagerContextListenerImpl" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
INFO: The listener "com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.impl.PortletContainerContextListenerImpl" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
3-Oct-2008 7:12:56 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletContextListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
3-Oct-2008 7:12:56 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext addApplicationListener
INFO: The listener "com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.ThemeContextListener" is already configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
3-Oct-2008 7:12:59 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80
3-Oct-2008 7:12:59 AM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009
3-Oct-2008 7:12:59 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 40409 ms

StdOut Log

Loading jar:file:/C:/Tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/system.properties
Loading jar:file:/C:/Tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/portal.properties
07:12:28,953 INFO [DynamicDialect:81] Determining dialect for MySQL 5
07:12:28,968 INFO [DynamicDialect:109] Using dialect org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
07:12:43,390 INFO [PortalImpl:228] Portal lib url /C:/Tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/com/liferay/portal/util/PortalImpl.class
07:12:43,390 INFO [PortalImpl:263] Portal lib directory /C:/Tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/
Starting Liferay Portal 5.1.1 (Calvin / Build 5101 / August 11, 2008)
07:12:54,906 INFO [ServerDetector:76] Detected server tomcat
07:12:55,125 INFO [HotDeployUtil:76] Initializing hot deploy manager 32071428
07:12:55,468 INFO [AutoDeployDir:76] Auto deploy scanner started for C:\Documents and Settings\Default User.WINDOWS\liferay\deploy
07:12:56,296 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:92] Registering themes for liferay-jedi-theme
07:12:56,515 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:104] Themes for liferay-jedi-theme registered successfully
07:12:56,515 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:92] Registering themes for liferay-jedi-theme
07:12:56,531 INFO [ThemeHotDeployListener:104] Themes for liferay-jedi-theme registered successfully
07:13:58,328 INFO [PluginPackageUtil:76] Reloading repositories

Address in IE when I try to access Liferay.
I get the same when I do it on the server using LOCALHOST
http://www.lynsoft.ca/c;jsessionid=39A72871770C540C5C70F03743D716B5
Cannot display Web Page

I wonder if the service.bat setup is designed for Windows 2000 and/or Windows XP. I'm trying to do this on a Windows 2003 server. If the underlying technology is the WRAPPER software then trying to run on a server may be in issue because Tanuki software does not support a server in the community version. You have to purchase either Pro or Standard to get a version that runs on a server.
Uwe

RE: Liferay as Windows Service issue - RESOLVED

I solved the problem by downloading the WRAPPER community edition software and got it to work on my Windows 2003 R2 server. Tomcat is installed as a service and Liferay displays its screens correctly.
It took a bit of fiddling to get the WRAPPER configuration file set up but the documentation from TANUKI SOFTWARE is pretty decent.
Uwe
Erik M, modificado hace 14 años.

New Member Mensajes: 5 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/08 Mensajes recientes
In order to run Liferay as a service, we followed this Guide: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Starting+Liferay+as+a+Windows+Service
As noted in a comment, max perm space has to be increased by setting -XX:MaxPermSize=128.

/Erik
Florian Rhomberg, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 15 Fecha de incorporación: 20/08/10 Mensajes recientes
Hello!
Perhaps someone can help me. I have downloaded the current Version of Liferay with included Tomcat. However in the Tomcat bin directory there is now service.bat file anymore. Therefor the guide on the wiki is senseless, because it seems that they do not deliver the complete tomcate server anymore. Can someone help me in this case?

Thanks,
Florian
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
You're suppose to download Tomcat separately from Liferay - don't use Liferay's Tomcat bundle.
Suneel K, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 4/04/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi, May I know where can I find "tomcat download from Liferay"? I tried to search in Liferay but I did not find any. Is the process (Starting Liferay as a Windows Service) same for Liferay 6.0.6? If not can you guide me the approach?

Thanks,
Suneel
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado hace 11 años.

Expert Mensajes: 329 Fecha de incorporación: 23/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi Hitoshi,

Why should you not use the bundle? I'm using the bundle now and don't seem to have any issues..

Thanks,

Brian