Foros de discusión

Create Account Portlet

Jesse Paria, modificado hace 12 años.

Create Account Portlet

Junior Member Mensajes: 69 Fecha de incorporación: 4/03/11 Mensajes recientes
Does Liferay 5.2 include a create account portlet that you can embed in a page or place on a page? I don't want to have my users navigate to another page to create an account. I can't seem to find info about this anywhere.

It seems that the create account portlet and the sign in portlet are one and the same as they contain the same ID. Is there a way I could embed a sign in portlet and have it show the create account instead of sign in?

Thanks for your help?
Jesse Paria, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Create Account Portlet

Junior Member Mensajes: 69 Fecha de incorporación: 4/03/11 Mensajes recientes
For anyone else that is trying to find this info, from what I can tell, the Create Account portlet is bundled with the login portlet. It is just a different view.

The only way I could get the url was by adding Create account as an action parameter in the login url.

You can also get this through com.liferay.portal.theme.ThemeDisplay.getURLCreateAccount();

Hope this helps anyone. Anyone have other info I would be happy to hear it.
thumbnail
Elijah Mangason, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: Create Account Portlet - bypass login.jsp

Junior Member Mensajes: 65 Fecha de incorporación: 14/05/12 Mensajes recientes
Is there a way to automatically authenticate UPDATED users during CreateACcount using the automatically generated password that CreateAccountAction.UpdateIncompleteUser generates? I am using CreateAccount to complete the registration of users based on some custom fields. I want to skip the part of CreateAccount that involves having the user retrieve his autogenerated password from email, then login. I would like Liferay to take the autopassword while the user is still in CreateAccount and login without going through the email steps. So I need to completely bypass the Login.jsp page. Is there a way to do this?