Foros de discusión

RE: Automated Community Creation?

thumbnail
Sean McClelland, modificado hace 13 años.

Automated Community Creation?

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

I am looking for a way to allow uses to request a community and have it be automatically created. Right now a user emails us and we manually create the community based off a LAR file. Is there a way to automate this process? It would free up a lot of my teams time if a user of our site could just answer a few questions in fields and then when they hit submit a community would be created automatically for them.

I guess what this would require is some api we could call that would generate a new community and import content based on the LAR we provided.

We are currently using 5.2.3 but are planning on upgrading to 6.0. Would this be easier to do in 6.0? I know there is now one click community creation but is it easier from a programmatic side?

Thanks,

-Sean McClelland
thumbnail
Vladimir Vukadinovic, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 24 Fecha de incorporación: 10/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Hi All,

Is there any solution on this topic?
I have situation for automatic create community (site), community adimin user and join it to community. I want have form for input name of community and user name.

Vladimir
thumbnail
Sean McClelland, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 13/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Vladimir,

We abandoned this plan as community creation became a lesser priority for us over time.
I never worked with this directly, but you may want to take a look at the GroupServiceUtil as it may be the starting point to what you want to do.
thumbnail
Vladimir Vukadinovic, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 24 Fecha de incorporación: 10/10/08 Mensajes recientes
Tnx Sean on your suggestion.

Regards
Vladimir
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
As this is a part of what sevencogs-hook does on first start of the community edition, you might want to check out the source code of that plugin (contained in the plugin). It creates the demo site that greets you when you start up community edition.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
One additional information. "Community" is no longer supported in Liferay 6.1.x. There is now a "site" .