Foros de discusión

Import simple page into Liferay?

Matic S, modificado hace 12 años.

Import simple page into Liferay?

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi!

I'm new to Liferay. I have to use it because this is the requirement of the client. The thing is, that I have to create a rather simple web page, landing page actually.

It's a simple task to do it as a plain good old HTML in combination with jQuery and css. So my question is, can I do it like a plain html and all, and then import it somehow into Liferay? I really don't want to use portal's editors and all the stuff, to create this rather simple page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Matic

RE: Import simple page into Liferay?

Nobody has no advice?!?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14916 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Matic S:
I really don't want to use portal's editors and all the stuff, to create this rather simple page.

What's to answer? Yes, Liferay can support whatever kind of entry page you're looking for (try liferay.com and sesamestreet.com for diverse examples).

Yet you indicate you don't want to do it the Liferay way, so then don't.

thanks for pointers.

Well, I don't see a point in doing it in Liferay, but I have no chioce, it's a custumer's demand. So, not much to do here... And I have never meet Liferay before, so I certainly belive this is trivial task, but if you see Liferay admin for the first time...

Maybe my question was misunderstood. I was asking, if it is possible to do everything outside Liferay and then import it or something like that. I don't know Liferay vocabulary. So, I create all needed html, css and js files, and then put them in Liferay (somehow) and create a project or, I guess, .war file?

Thanks again!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 6403 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/08 Mensajes recientes
Create the content you want on that page as an article in the CMS, e.g. put "Web Content Display" portlet on the home page, make it single column if you like ("Page Layout"). That's it. The article, naturally, is not a full HTML page, but just a fragment: It's the portal's business to provide <head>, <body> and the navigation etc., your article just contains the regular content.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I think the simpliest approach is to use Liferay IDE and just create a new Liferay project.
Just modify generated view.jsp as you'll normally do with html, jquery, and css.