Foros de discusión

How to create customized portlet?

long zhao, modificado hace 12 años.

How to create customized portlet?

Junior Member Mensajes: 39 Fecha de incorporación: 29/08/11 Mensajes recientes
I mean, every time, when I need add a web content there, I should drag-drop the portlet of web content and add the content.
I'd like to drag-drop one portlet with the special content directly, that means the customized portlet is together with the special content, and can not be changed to other content.

How could I do?
Thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: How to create customized portlet?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Have you read documentation on building your own portlet?

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development/-/ai/portlet-development

I think maybe I need a hook or Ext here.
After I read the document again, I have not too clear which part of knowledge is useful for my case.
Could you show me more details?
Thanks a lot.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Maybe, I'm not getting your question. Do you want to develop a new custom portlet or do you want to develop a web content using
web content portlet and just want to allow users to add them to their pages like something in the following thread?

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3145179

Yes, It is the same instance. But what I want is user do not config something on the portlet.
So it should be a new custom portlet which only show one certain content there.
Because every time when I use the web content, I need : 1, add "web content" to the page; 2, select special content for the "web content" to show.
Now, I want to remove the second step, and show the special content directly.
Thanks again.
thumbnail

If you know some jsp, you can just create a simple portlet by just modifying the default view.jsp.

Just check out the section on developing portlets in the documentation.
thumbnail

FYI, there's a "Copy Portlets from Page" in Liferfay6.1.0GA which allows portlets to be copied.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
long zhao:
Because every time when I use the web content, I need : 1, add "web content" to the page; 2, select special content for the "web content" to show.

Seriously? You're going to burn valuable development time so you don't have to do a 2nd click? And you're actually going to create ### separate portlets that are each responsible for showing 1 piece of content?

Dude, if you have that much time on your hands, let me know. I'll kick some work your way...

David H Nebinger:
long zhao:

Seriously? You're going to burn valuable development time so you don't have to do a 2nd click? And you're actually going to create ### separate portlets that are each responsible for showing 1 piece of content?

Dude, if you have that much time on your hands, let me know. I'll kick some work your way...

No, You do not understand the purpose. It is not for me to use, it would be used for many customers. They have no time learn how to choose and select content for one portlet.