Foros de discusión

Liferay application development

Edward Cruise, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay application development

New Member Mensajes: 9 Fecha de incorporación: 3/02/11 Mensajes recientes
Hi at all,
in my company we are starting using Liferay as our Portlet container....we want to develop our 1st application, I have a question about it.

Application is very simple...It includes some custom portlets and display resulting output into HTML page. In the same page, I want to add a funcionality, that can add an ads image (like a banner) with a link that can refer a portlet, for example on top of the page. Banner is not static, it must be configurable with a panel (like preferences panel for example).
Only autheticated user can configure such functionality, specifing the image URL and the image TITLE.

My question is: is it correct to implement such funcionality like a portlet ? Or is more accurate using Extension environment ?
And what about authorization ? May I use default liferay authetication or I must realize custom authetication mechanism ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
edcruise
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira, modificado hace 12 años.

RE: Liferay application development

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 26/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

your question must be :"is it correct to implement such funcionality like a portlet by SDK ? Or is more accurate using Extension environment ?"

IMHO you shouldn't use EXT environment to create portlets: the latest LR version guidelines advices against it.
The preferred way is to use SDK.

The LR authentication and permission mechanism works great: use it.

Bye

Hi,
thanks a lot for your answer.
I'm reading liferay documentation and I found that.....I'll use SDK to realize a portlet emoticon

Well, and if I would add a custom functionality into administration menù (I don't know if it is possible) in such case I would use ext ennvironment ? Documentation describes ext env as the way to customize Liferay portal completely. By Ext we can modify internal portlets or call the out of the box portlets.

Or, more simply, custom portlet can appear automagically into administrator menù, with its custom configuration page ?

I apologize if my question is to trivial...

Thanks in advance.
edcruise
thumbnail
Pierpaolo Cira, modificado hace 12 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 141 Fecha de incorporación: 26/02/10 Mensajes recientes
Think EXT just as a name to say "edit the portal sourcecode, recompile and redeploy it".
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 12 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
I had an user with the same requirement and have build a porlet with configuration setting to specify banner files and change intervals.
Just use Liferay's security and permission to only allow users with administrator priviledge.
It's only a few hours work. Also, wrote a news ticker feed portlet with similar configuration settings.

Just use Liferay IDE to develop a regular MVC portlet.

Thanks a lot !